Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What type of brake pads?

Old 07-26-2014, 02:00 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by ShiftKnowledge

What about Hawk Ceramic?
Brett Woods (Dominion Off-road) offers them on his site as best for the JK. He has very high standards.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShiftKnowledge
so who carries those? looks like they are hard to find. Any other good recommendations that I can actually find and buy?

What about Hawk Ceramic?

AKEBONO Ceramic Pads.

ProAct Ultra Premium Ceramic Brake Pads - Front (4-Pad Set) ACT1273: Advance Auto Parts
Old 07-29-2014, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

I would avoid the NAPA premium pads. I have them on mine and the have squeaked under very light breaking ever since they were put on. The dealer told me they squeak because NAPA puts small amounts of metal in their pads.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:04 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by MPO001
I would avoid the NAPA premium pads. I have them on mine and the have squeaked under very light breaking ever since they were put on. The dealer told me they squeak because NAPA puts small amounts of metal in their pads.
Did you grease the back of the pads and the clips?
Old 07-29-2014, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MPO001
If they squeak, the rotors are either warped or have deposits on them. Lots of pads are metallic and don't squeak.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:11 PM
JK Super Freak

I recently replaced mine with the EBC Yellow Stuff. Felt an improvement on the braking efficiency but that thing makes a lot of dust. The aluminum rims get dark grey very fast.

I'll try the Red Stuff next time, which apparently "bites" less but according to EBC is a lot cleaner.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
78k miles since '10 and no new brakes? did you put all 78k on or just the last few say after buying it used? because im in shock and disbelief if you got nearly 80k miles out of 1 set of pads......
Yeah lol I wish I got that much

Quick Reply: What type of brake pads?