Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What winch

Old 11-29-2016, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an Engo 10k winch with synthetic rope. I mounted the control box in the engine compartment to try and protect it a little better from the elements. I haven't used it in the two years I've had it, but it winds and unwinds perfectly every time I test it!
Old 11-29-2016, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love my Warn Zeon with synthetic rope. Had steel. Just replaced it. Haven't used the synthetic yet, but feel much safer in the cab while winching myself....
Old 11-30-2016, 02:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

have a 8000 lb smittybuilt on the old tj that ive used for 10 years and its never given me a lick of trouble and has gotten me out of many holes. I bought a x20 10k smittybuilt for the jk. So far so good. Havent got stuck but have used the winch to do some work a couple times and it seems much smoother and powerful compared to the old one. Hard to beat for 400 bucks. I'm sure the 1000 dollar premium winches are better for someone whos winching every day but these smittybuilts are plenty for most of us.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:03 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We sell Smittybilt and would be glad to sell you a winch. Could probably save you a couple of bucks. We have sold what seems to be thousands of them. Only a couple of warranty issues out of them all. Used to be considered a low cost product and questionable. Smittybilt has built a reputation now to be low cost, innovative and good quality product. I would upgrade to synthetic, if you haven't already decided.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love my Superwinch with synthetic line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3804.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	686.9 KB
ID:	661922
Old 12-01-2016, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I'd be interested in what you've got.

I'm currently shopping for a winch and been looking at this one: https://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-97...DCDHXS5MJ8S5FV

I'd love to shop with JK Forum supporters if possible. Feel free to message me or email me at jason.djmc@gmail.com with any information you might have.

Jason

Originally Posted by ReadyToMount
We sell Smittybilt and would be glad to sell you a winch. Could probably save you a couple of bucks. We have sold what seems to be thousands of them. Only a couple of warranty issues out of them all. Used to be considered a low cost product and questionable. Smittybilt has built a reputation now to be low cost, innovative and good quality product. I would upgrade to synthetic, if you haven't already decided.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Default Size matters?

Hey everyone...i am looking at purchasing my first winch.
I have a 2016 2dr soft top with after market front bumper & rear bumpers.
I am primarily going for self recovery, however, ppl end up in the bar ditchs all around here and they always need help getting the out.
That and stuck in mud.
How do I know what type, weight rating etc ?
Oh, synthetic line.

Thanks all...
This forum has always been a great place
Old 12-02-2016, 07:26 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Irishintx
Hey everyone...i am looking at purchasing my first winch.
I have a 2016 2dr soft top with after market front bumper & rear bumpers.
I am primarily going for self recovery, however, ppl end up in the bar ditchs all around here and they always need help getting the out.
That and stuck in mud.
How do I know what type, weight rating etc ?
Oh, synthetic line.

Thanks all...
This forum has always been a great place
Our most popular item is the Smittybilt 98510. I would go the synthetic line route. Much easier to deal with and saves a decent amount of weight considering where you have to mount a winch so far past the front axle. 1.5 times vehicle weight is the standard for finding enough pulling power. Invest in some soft shackles and recovery gear. Then you can help yourself or anyone you come across get out of a sticking situation. I also suggest to many people to have a tow strap as for recovery that is all it takes in many cases to get unstuck. Still faster than pulling line etc. with a winch.
Let us know if we can help with any of your Jeep needs including recovery.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default Ok,

Originally Posted by ReadyToMount
Our most popular item is the Smittybilt 98510. I would go the synthetic line route. Much easier to deal with and saves a decent amount of weight considering where you have to mount a winch so far past the front axle. 1.5 times vehicle weight is the standard for finding enough pulling power. Invest in some soft shackles and recovery gear. Then you can help yourself or anyone you come across get out of a sticking situation. I also suggest to many people to have a tow strap as for recovery that is all it takes in many cases to get unstuck. Still faster than pulling line etc. with a winch.
Let us know if we can help with any of your Jeep needs including recovery.

Okay, i went to your site and there are no winches. What are you asking for on that winch?
Thank you
Old 12-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Irishintx
Okay, i went to your site and there are no winches. What are you asking for on that winch?
Thank you
https://www.readytomount.com/product...-winches-98510

If you want to call us I can apply a 10% discount. Will put you at $495. We can also get you a strap and d-rings for a good price.

Quick Reply: What winch