Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Wheel Locks
Gorilla
73.91%
McGard
8.70%
Other?
17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Wheel Locks?

Old 04-22-2014, 11:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had the Gorillas on my 10 JKRU...

I had a set of black Gorilla spline drive locks on my 2010 JKRU for about 4 years and 100k in NY. No rust, no pitting, etc... They looked great right up until last week when I sold it. The only issue I had was, some of them were very difficult to thread on/off the studs. To the point that I'd check for cross threading. They weren't cross threaded, but very difficult and a real PITA.

I'm going with the Mopar set on my 2014 JKRUX. I've used the Mopars before on my 04 TJ for 100k w/o any issues. Yeah the dealer and some skells might have a key, but they will slow the average thief a bit.

0lllllll0
Old 04-22-2014, 11:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a set of gorilla on my 94XJ. Was rotating tires when the driver side rear broke on me. Could not get the thing off. Ended up drilling out the stud. After that I decided to go without them. As far as the JK, just the OEM lugs since Oct 06.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher

I got the black ProComps and they are garbage. Rusted in maybe 2 months. Look like hell, will be replacing them with Gorilla's. If I can get 2 years out of them I will be ecstatic!!
Well, I put the black Pro Comps on and then spent almost 4 months on the Mexico coast... living just blocks off the beach. No rust.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe it's just me but having all lugnuts with the same pattern only requires a thief to have one key. Perhaps a combo of two or more locking lugnuts would be the sure thing. Or perhaps some one needs to come out with a security system like what many have in their homes that alert your cell phone if anything happens to your vehicle. Taking off your tires should set off some motion detectors without much trouble and that should be good enough to alert you. I guess I have been very lucky not to have any issue with anyone dumb enough to try to still my wheels/tires but then again my Jeep is pretty much always behind a locked gate. The times I go to businesses I rarely park where I can't see my vehicle and if I do the businesses usually have security onsight.

Quick Reply: Wheel Locks?