Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheel spacers

Old 02-24-2017, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel spacers

I'm looking to install 315/70r17 Goodyear duratrac on the stock rubicon 10a wheels. I imagine they are 17x7.5 with 6.25 backspace as older ones. I searched and red a lot and it looks like a lot of poeple go with 1.5" spacers.

On my last jeep i had some procomp 7069 16x8 with 4" backspace. I still have some steel wheels 16x8 with 4.25" backspace with 315/75r16 studded duratrac for winter.

Should i look more for a 1.75" wide spacer instead of 1.5"?? Will i need a wheels spacer on my spare tire mounted on complete teraflex HD hinged and tire Carrier or no due to the adjustability?

And finally should i just save more and get wider rim/wheels?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2017, 02:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smellytuna
I'm looking to install 315/70r17 Goodyear duratrac on the stock rubicon 10a wheels. I imagine they are 17x7.5 with 6.25 backspace as older ones. I searched and red a lot and it looks like a lot of poeple go with 1.5" spacers.

On my last jeep i had some procomp 7069 16x8 with 4" backspace. I still have some steel wheels 16x8 with 4.25" backspace with 315/75r16 studded duratrac for winter.

Should i look more for a 1.75" wide spacer instead of 1.5"?? Will i need a wheels spacer on my spare tire mounted on complete teraflex HD hinged and tire Carrier or no due to the adjustability?

And finally should i just save more and get wider rim/wheels?

Thanks
A 1.5" spacer is good for the set up you want to run.

The adjustability of the teraflex carrier with the teraflex tire mount should fix you up as well without a spacer. (If I read correctly your net backspace would be 4.75" with a 1.5" spacer and the stock wheels.)

I'm running 4.5" backspace wheels with a 37" x 13.5" tire (no spacers) on my jeep and my matching spare is on the teraflex carrier with just their tire mount, fits great no extra parts needed. There is plenty of adjustment left in the tire carrier on my set up I could go in or out a couple inches from where it's sitting now.

Last edited by Biginboca; 02-25-2017 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for replying. There is a member selling 4 spidertrax 1.5" for a good price, i believe..
Old 03-22-2017, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got a good deal from a local on almost new (couple of months of use) G2 1.5" wheel spacers. Just have to save a little more to afford springs, shocks, bumpstops and ss brakelines and jeep will start to change drasticlly...
Old 03-23-2017, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm running factory 18x7.5 wheels with 35x12.50 tires and 1.5 spacers. You're good to go. Also, I have the teraflex hinge and tire carrier. It also works niceley. Some advice. When you press in the studs, just go ahead and press them in the 37" tire slots. It ensures you'll have good clearance. Also, note your light will no longer work. Pick up the center bracket so you can install it in the middle of your spare.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice on the 1.5 wheel spacer. However, I had my teraflex hinge and tire carrier already set-up in the 35" location on my previous 2011 jku, so i think it will stay as is for the moment, until I maybe go to 37", but i have to wear two sets of Duratrac (315/70r17 new on stock 10a wheels as summer tire and 315/75r16 studded on steel wheels used like for 5 months from previous jeep) before to upgrade... if so. And for the brake light, i ran like a year without it, but i believe i got chance to be not caught by cops. i will put it in the spare as you said, but probably with the license relocated at the same time... I'll post pics once everything is done.. or maybe will start a build thread! Thanks again for replying

Quick Reply: wheel spacers