Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrangler mtr issues help

Old 07-04-2013, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Inspired

My. KM2s ride like pillows and are quiet as a church mouse. NEXT!
Most of our customers that are or had been running KM2s are switching to mtrs or already have. And motion wash always claims a sidewall or two on the BFGs
And one more point, don't blame a $350 tire when you are running an $85 wheel, cheap wheels are most often the problem

Last edited by JKRVEE; 07-04-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKRVEE
Most of our customers that are or had been running KM2s are switching to mtrs or already have. And motion wash always claims a sidewall or two on the BFGs
And one more point, don't blame a $350 tire when you are running an $85 wheel, cheap wheels are most often the problem
Agree with this. The KM2 is the absolute worst MT on the market. They ride rough, go flat from damaged side walls more than even most of the AT tires I've seen, run very small, and ride rough and noisy. The last 10 or so flats on the trails I've seen have been BFG KM2 side wall fails.

A buddy of mine had KM2's on his TJ with around 70% tread left on them. He switched to the MTR and loves them. Said they're much smoother and less noisy.

Regarding the OP: Are you even sure it's the tires? Sounds like it might be death wobble. Are you getting a vibrating that kicks on the traction control and slows you down? Or is it just a mild wobble that doesn't really get worse or better? Definintely wouldn't hurt to get them balanced again.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:58 AM
RND
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by suicideking

Agree with this. The KM2 is the absolute worst MT on the market. They ride rough, go flat from damaged side walls more than even most of the AT tires I've seen, run very small, and ride rough and noisy. The last 10 or so flats on the trails I've seen have been BFG KM2 side wall fails.

A buddy of mine had KM2's on his TJ with around 70% tread left on them. He switched to the MTR and loves them. Said they're much smoother and less noisy.

Regarding the OP: Are you even sure it's the tires? Sounds like it might be death wobble. Are you getting a vibrating that kicks on the traction control and slows you down? Or is it just a mild wobble that doesn't really get worse or better? Definintely wouldn't hurt to get them balanced again.
It's one thing to sneak a sip of someone's kool-aid, but to brazenly take big gulps and have it run down the front of your dress, that is inexcusable.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RND
It's one thing to sneak a sip of someone's kool-aid, but to brazenly take big gulps and have it run down the front of your dress, that is inexcusable.
Sounds like you need to lay off of the 'special' cool aid a bit...
Old 07-04-2013, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RND
I like MTRs but that quote is funny!!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll just throw my opinion out there on km2 vs mtr. Mtr is hard to balance but when balanced runs much much nicer on the road. Similar offroad. Mtr wins in rain/snow. But I've seen 8sidewalls ripped on mtr vs 1 on km2. I've run both tires. If you have a good tire warranty the mtr is great. If not I would look at something like a nitto trail grappler or maybe maxxis. Just my opinion.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have hutchinson rock monster bead locks and I have had them re balanced every tire rotation doesn't help
Old 07-04-2013, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd like to try the maxxis but didn't know how they were on road and life wise
Old 07-04-2013, 02:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by suicideking

Lol wow...
Old 07-04-2013, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ive re balanced and changed everything up front it's just mild

Quick Reply: Wrangler mtr issues help