Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zone Offroad 3" Lift Kit

Old 09-30-2008, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks real good!

Although... I'd recommend getting rid of that trackbar relocation bracket and getting an adj. trackbar.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SMP_70
Looks real good!

Although... I'd recommend getting rid of that trackbar relocation bracket and getting an adj. trackbar.
That one is frame mounted, it is OK. BDS, Teraflex and others have the same bracket. The axle mounted ones are the bad ones.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

You even got the same rims that I have ordered ahaha....same lift, same rims...
How is it with the stock gears and the 35's man?
Old 09-30-2008, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Hey man, I got a 4" Zone kit with 35"s. Its sick
Old 09-30-2008, 03:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BaltChief
That one is frame mounted, it is OK. BDS, Teraflex and others have the same bracket. The axle mounted ones are the bad ones.
Teraflex does not have a relocation bracket for the front at all. They only make a rear bracket. (And its 10x better a than any other one the market) They recommend a adjustable front track bar only.. Front track bar brackets are VERY DANGEROUS regardless if they are frame mounted or axle mounted! If they break you will loose control....PEROID! Be safe and go order one.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by whpony96
Teraflex does not have a relocation bracket for the front at all. They only make a rear bracket. (And its 10x better a than any other one the market) They recommend a adjustable front track bar only.. Front track bar brackets are VERY DANGEROUS regardless if they are frame mounted or axle mounted! If they break you will loose control....PEROID! Be safe and go order one.
Uh........this is a rear relocation bracket, the kit doesn't have one on the front.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

As far as the ride now it is smoother than the factory ride. Very soft ride and less bounce as you hit bumps. My factory set up was very frims and tight. This is 10x better.

As far as the gears, I did a lot of research because I have a auto and 3.73 gears and was worried as hell. I even considered going to 33 because I had no palns of re-gearing. Glad I didn't wuss out and get the 33" because at least in Ohio were it is pretty flat and not a lot on incline so these gears are plenty for the 35". I am very happy with it and still have no plans to regear. Made it up to 85 mph on the highway last night just to test my therory .. no problems.
This was also all done w/ Overdrive engaged.

Also just fyi... with the 35" here is how my speedo breaks down per my gps:
speedo reading/ actual mph
30/ 33
40/43
50/54
60/64
70/75

I am still considering the accu pro to get my mph and odometer right and firm up the auto shift points.

One more big this is I just checked my caster angle and it is readin about 8 degrees. Factory is set at 4.5 and w/ a 3" lift they say it should be between a 6 and an 8. So far this lift has acomplished this w/o me installing the cam bolts. I will check it again in about 500 miles to see if it stays true.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback on my project, I really appriciate it.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BaltChief
Uh........this is a rear relocation bracket, the kit doesn't have one on the front.
Definitely my bad there.... I thought it was on the front... If you don't have one on the front and your still using the stock trackbar. Perform this procedure and look how far out of whack your front axle is shifted toward the drivers side. After me taking my measurements I ordered the Teraflex Adjustable Trackbar and it couldn't get easier install and to adjust. Not to mention the extra strength. Look at the size difference in the pic!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=washer+string
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P8260001.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	13506   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8260002.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	13507  

Last edited by whpony96; 09-30-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Hey, sorry for digging up an old thread but how is your lift working out for you? Any sag? Parts failure? Shock fade? I'm thinking of getting this lift for my 2 dr.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

I've also talked with Dave and he was excellent. I plan on making a website to take everyone thru as a newbi on all my installs. Think Ima go with the zone offroad 3"
robert_r300

Quick Reply: Zone Offroad 3" Lift Kit