Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zone Offroad 3" Lift Kit

Old 05-05-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your setup looks good. I was planning a TF 2.5 spring lift for my soon to come 2010 1/2 door. I also plan to run 35's on 15 inch wheels. I had d rated 16's on my 07 never again. I will look at the Zone lift.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure this is an old thread. But I've had my Zone 3" inch for about 6 months now. Don't use their rear track bar relocation bracket, when passenger rear tire goes into the wheel well, the shock smashes the brackets, and make it real ugly. Don't use their sway bar QD's either. Bad design, they have some goofy bracket, and even after welding mine to the axle it still wiggles and wobbles.

DO go with 35's, I have 33's and they look to small on there. My spings did sag (even though they promised they won't) about .5-.75 inch. It's not that bad though considering that they WERE over 3 inches when I installed them, so I would say it's actually sitting at a true 3 inch lift. I put in a 1 inch spacer to level the rake out, and it worked well. The lift does flex very well.

The cam bolts, junk. I through on a set of adjustable lower control arms.

I'm waiting on my Pro Rock 44 now, with that I'll re-gear the rear to match, order new rear adjustable track bar, and new QD.s and probaly rear lower control arms just because I've seen the stockers fold up like pretzels.

Oh yeah, I did have to disable my ESP. Which I don't mind, I hated it anyhow. haha
Old 05-30-2010, 10:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice

Awesome transformation!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

A, I wanted to bring this back up,..Long term report. (20k on lift)

with the Zone 3" lift, I also ordered their sway bar QD's and front Track Bar.

Well, first the sway bars come with a silly bracket that 'rest' on the axle. Well, that peice constantly moves, so we welded it, and they still move all over the place by bending and flexing. So, I am replacing those soon.

The track bar,...wow. JUNK!!! I noticed today my steering was a bit 'loose'. The threads inside the track bar, seperated from the sleeve and now has about 3/4-1 inch of play! My steering is all over the place, and it gives me a scary "death wobble". So, I will be next daying some new JKS one's tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by deputydog
PS... don't buy the spare tire spacer or the third tail light ext kit, about $100 bucks, you don't need it whith these rims due to the backspacing.... about 3.75. Fits right on.
? Standard or auto? if auto with 3.8 6 cyl. do you feel the need to gear down due to the larger tires. Doing the same to my 08, just worried about power loss. Jeep looks good by the way, excited to do mine.

Quick Reply: Zone Offroad 3" Lift Kit