Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New from the city of Bridges in Texas!

Old 10-03-2015, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from the city of Bridges in Texas!

Hey everyone, I bought my wife a 2015 JKU Rubicon a few months ago. This is our first jeep, traded a Platinum Escalade for it so it's quite the change. We really like it, my wife says she's surprised how much she loves it and the freedom feel it gives her. It's her daily driver but she wants to do a lift, etc. I'll be looking at builds and researching product reviews for our best choice for her. See you guys around!
Old 10-04-2015, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Welcome!
Old 10-04-2015, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the family!!
Old 10-04-2015, 01:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Having a wife that really enjoys the jeep sure makes building it up easier! Or safer...
Old 10-04-2015, 06:16 PM
jdk
JK Freak

Welcome to the forum.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum!
Old 10-05-2015, 01:37 AM
Former Vendor

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Hello and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. Please, share some pics of how your car currently looks and also share your ideas and thoughts of what you might want to do with it. If you ever have any questions, please be sure to reach out - we are always ready to help!
Old 10-06-2015, 11:32 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone. I posted in another part of the forum and didn't get a response so I'll copy what I posted here. I've been reading a lot on this forum for the last few days to get an idea of what way to go about modding the wife's jeep. It's a white JKU Rubicon automatic with 3.73 gears. I've already ordered wheels for it, Method Racing Roost in bronze, 17x8.5, 0 offset, 4.75 backspace. We're planning on keeping the factory warranty before doing any major mods since it's her daily driver. Our plan is to eventually have a trail worthy jeep that's comfortable to take trips in with the family (9 and 13 year old) to Colorado, Tennessee, etc from Texas. I'd like to do this in stages and wanted to get some input on my plan so far. I'm going to re-use the stock BFG tires on the new wheels and roll like that till we can get her a lift. I'm liking the Metalcloak 2.5/3.5 lift because I can use the stock Rubicon shocks with it and quality. She's liking the Nemesis Notorious fenders, so that'll most likely go next. After we get good wear out of the stock tires, we'll upgrade to either 35s or 37s. I've read that there are quite a bit of modifications recommended for the 37s. After that, will probably go with better shocks to compliment the lift. I like the way the fox shocks look with the extra reservoir but I'm not sure we need them. So my question is, is there much difference between the 2.5 or the 3.5 lift from metalcloak? Id rather have a lower center of gravity with 37s than height. My wife has back issues so it can't be too tall for her to climb and we need it to fit inside the garage. I know there's a lot here but I wanted to see if I'm heading the right direction. I spoke to our jeep dealer and asked what would void the warranty as far as lift and tires. They said the limit is 35's and a 5 inch lift. Any taller on either and it'll void it. Thanks in advance. BTW, I have a 2005 Dodge SRT10 Viper truck and a Saleen S281 turbo to mod, so we're taking turns in the mod game, haha.
Old 12-26-2015, 08:29 PM
JK Freak

I have those wheels. I really like them!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1410916380.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	606.8 KB
ID:	632886  

Quick Reply: New from the city of Bridges in Texas!