Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New JKU owner from PA

Old 05-24-2016, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JKU owner from PA

I've been looking to pick-up a Jeep for awhile now. I wanted something to use on the weekends/take in to work when we get snow. Saw a rescue green JK a month or so ago and fell in love with the color. Ever since I've been looking for one in good condition with some-what low miles.

I found one last Wednesday, went down to look at it and ended up taking her home after agreeing on a price. Rented a tow dolly from UHaul and towed my car home.

How she looked when I got her home

It's a 2008 Sahara Unlimited with 52k miles. 6 speed manual, tow package, 3.73 gears. The wheels on it are Dick Cepek Torque 18x8.5" otherwise it is stock from what I can tell.

Last Thursday I ordered a TeraFlex 2.5" coil lift w/shocks, TF monster adjustable track bar, TF disconnects, TF steering stabilizer and Northridge 4x4's bolt upgrade kit. Looks like it should all be delivered by this Friday, hope to install it all over the weekend. While I'm working on it, I plan to remove the fuel door and sand the chrome off and paint it black. Looking to throw 35's on my 18's, possibly paint the silver lip black and just keep the silver fake bolts silver.. think it would look better.

Have bumpers and rails picked out but they'll probably wait a bit. I'm not too far from Rausch Creek, look forward to heading over there and checking it out. If work allows I'd like to take their 101 class in June.

Oh and on my drive home with my car in tow, 6 "Jeep waves" in 15 +/- miles
Old 05-24-2016, 05:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum! The rescue green is an awesome color

Quick Reply: New JKU owner from PA