Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New kid from CA

Old 08-25-2014, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New kid from CA

Hey guys! In january my father told me he wanted a jeep. So with a budget of 6K it went to 8K then 15K then 20K. After looking at some pretty nice rigs for sale on our local craigslist he decided we should just buy a brand new one and build it exactly how we want. So we purchased a 2014 2dr Rubicon in April. We have big plans for it so im glad i have a place to ask questions now. So far we've installed a 50" bar on top with RC mounts. Rigid Industries dual a pillar mounts with 2 6led pods on each side. Lowrance 7" GPS, and a SPOD. Were soon to be replacing the RC mounts with the N-fab ones to put dual 50's on top. Also waiting on bumpers to add some more lights like a 20" 10W bar and some reverse lights. Also tires to mount the Method NV's we have just sitting in our garage. We have always wanted a vehicle to just "go that way" in. We always go on adventures to gold pan and rockhound since i was 10 years old. Before our adventure vehicle was a 2010 honda accord. After countless confused looks from people for going down "roads" most people wouldnt its nice to have something for that nature. We don't really use it to crawl, but mostly just having fun going to places we couldn't have before. So far its been a blast and im excited to build it to what we want. I was going to start a build thread on it but i couldn't find the appropriate place. If someone could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it!

So far the plans are Long arm kit, 37's baja mtz's, Custom valved fox bypass shocks, bumpers of course, on board air, pretty much all the goodies with some fun stuff added here and there. Dads been talking about an engine swap

Excited to be apart of the site!

Old 08-26-2014, 04:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome and great looking Jeep. I look forward to updates on your build.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Welcome and great looking Jeep. I look forward to updates on your build.

Thank you sir! Cant wait to get the ball rolling.

Quick Reply: New kid from CA