Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New from Moyock, NC

Old 02-13-2016, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Moyock, NC

New to the Forum. I am on my third JK in the last 10 months. Fell in love May 2015 and don't plan on looking back.

Started with a 2008 Unlimited X. Burgundy, 5sp, hard top, generic stubby front bumper, Smittybilt tubular black step rails, 2.5" spacer lift, 33x12.50 Toyo Open Country's on 18" XD Spys. Rear Diff was limited slip and ring and pinions upgraded to G2 5.13s. Since the wife is going to use this as her daily driver, she decided she wanted power locks and windows and preferred automatic transmission. She also didn't love the burgundy like I did and wanted blue, white, or crush orange. The hard top could not be removed with one person and she wanted to take the top down by herself during the summer. I sold this one in September 2015

In June bought a 2010 Unlimited Sport. White, automatic, soft top, power package (except mirrors), 4" Skyjacker lift, 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Chrome Pro Comp wheels, XRC front and rear bumpers with tire carrier, Magnaflow exhaust, Superchips Tuned, PIAA LED fog lights, Kenwood DVD with NAV, factory subwoofer, Mishimoto oil and trans coolers (learned about the "hot oil" on the soft sands of the Outer Banks, Blue and black neoprene seat covers, bed tread throughout, Hi-Lift jack, Chrome tubular step rails, Volant Cold Air Intake. Sold this one in Feb 2016.

Currently have a 2015 (I bought used) Unlimited Sport. Hydro Blue, automatic, full power package (incl mirrors, no subwoofer though. Who pays to have all the sport upgrades except the sound system?), Toyo 35x12.50 Open Country's on 18" XD Cranks. I took out the 3" Daystar spacer lift and installed a 3.5" Rubicon Express suspension lift with twin tube shocks and adjustable track bars for the front and rear. I went with the Smittybilt XRC front bumper and will be installing the XRC rear bumper with tire carrier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 3.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	637562

Name:	IMG_7781.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	637564

Name:	IMG_7898.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	637565

Name:	IMG_6575.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	637566

Last edited by gmbonafilia; 02-13-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Welcome to JK-Forum. Good color choice!
Old 02-13-2016, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I'm just to the north of you across the line if you have projects you'd like to tackle or installs happening.....literally 10 mins from Moyock to get across the line and down the road.

And am I reading that correctly- they had a 3" spacer lift on it?!
Old 02-14-2016, 05:37 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks for the offer... I may have to take you up on that.

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I'm just to the north of you across the line if you have projects you'd like to tackle or installs happening.....literally 10 mins from Moyock to get across the line and down the road.

Good to know that there is support near by if I need it. It certainly is Jeep country around here. You heard correctly, it was a 3" spacer lift with no mods to the front track bar. Rode like crap. They also did some ridiculous things to the rear track bar axle mount that did not reinforce it all and made it near impossible to remove so I had to buy an adjustable one to relieve the stress on the factory axle rod welds. This is the lift they used... Daystar KJ09153BK... except they didn't even install it completely or correctly. For example they thought it would be a good idea to leave the sway bar links fully stock with a downward articulation that was ridiculous and let it rub up against the drag link. Glad I fixed all that.

Current project I need a little advice with is my rear bumper installation. I'm putting in a Smittybilt Gen2 XRC rear bumper and I would like to hook up the provided backup and work lights. I've not had much experience with splicing into factory wiring and am a little concerned about doing that. Smittybilt has great products but I think they want their parent company 4WD parts to install them so the instructions are less than complete. It is not real clear where the yellow Aux wire should tie into. Do you know anyone that has installed this that could show me some pictures of how they did it? I posted this in the main forum too but no one responded.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Default Love the color

Originally Posted by karls10jk

By the way, I love that color orange of your Jeep. When I buy one for my toy (blue one is actually the wife's) that is the color I really want.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I've got auxiliary reverse lights on mine actually, I'll open up the tail light tomorrow and get a wire color for you. I put mine on a switch plus they come on with reverse.

Thanks, after having previous jeeps, I knew the color was one thing I couldn't easily bolt on and change at a later date.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:58 AM
JK Newbie

Welcome from Roanoke Rapids. OBX most weekends when it warms up a little. My wife has new Hydro Blue (lets me wheel the TJ). Just starting the mods. Do you go to Corolla much? If so see you there.

Ron
Old 02-18-2016, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum! Love that color!
Old 02-18-2016, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome to the forum and I've envious that you're so close to the OBX!
Old 02-18-2016, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Wilson, NC. Hope to get out your way sometime this spring or summer.

Quick Reply: New from Moyock, NC