Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New from North Texas!

Old 02-21-2017, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from North Texas!

Hello all, I just wanted to make sure I introduced myself. After totaling my jeep WK, I was able to acquire a 2008 unlimited x 6 speed, 2wd jk with 130k: white. I will be working on this jk, slowly converting it 4x4!

Due to being a new owner to a JK, I hope to learn much from everyone on this forum!

Sincerely,

Skyler
Old 02-21-2017, 11:35 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Welcome. I'm in the area but a bit to the west of Fort Worth. There are a decent bit of guys up in that Denton/Lewisville area.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great to hear, hopefully I'll get to meet everyone! Do you recommend any light trails in the area, considering this is still a 2wd 😂
Old 02-21-2017, 12:33 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I've never been up to Patriot Park just a bit north of you, but by what I've been told, it's about as light as it gets. Not much up my alley, but for a 2WD might be worthwhile. It's been described to me as few dirt trails through the trees and river bed.

Home

Northwest OHV Park out in Bridgeport is fairly nice. It's gotten more aggressive over the last 3 years or so. I'd say that is probably not going to be a great option until you get 4WD up and running.

https://www.facebook.com/NorthwestOHVPark/

Same for Arbuckle Offroad Park up in Oklahoma -

Arbuckle Off Road Park | Oklahoma

Barnwell Mountain (BMRA) out in Gilmer might offer a decent bit for a 2WD, but is getting 3 hours out there to the east. In general that is a great park that offers something for everyone.

Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area

Then there's Hidden Falls Adventure Park down in the hill country. It's gonna be a bit much for 2WD.

Hidden Falls Adventure Park

There's also Hot Springs Off Road Park (the old SuperLift Park) in Arkansas. It's obvioulsy further away, but a great park.

Hot Springs ORV Park |

Almost forgot about the Rock Trails of Tolar. Went a couple years ago to check it out.....haven't been back. Tight trails through mesquite trees IIRC. Wasn't quite up my alley in what they offer. Might be ok for a buggy, or a stock jeep.....not as much for my build.

https://www.facebook.com/Rock-Trails...8206049253836/

Quick Reply: New from North Texas!