Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Newb '14 Rubi X in SC. Struggling with the soft top!

Old 07-20-2014, 03:31 PM
Mc2
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb '14 Rubi X in SC. Help please, STRUGGLING with the soft top!

I'm totally new to Jeeps and can't believe I've waited this long, but better late than never right? I got the dual top option, and am attempting to put the soft top up for the first time but am struggling with a pair of straps (pic attached). What's the best way to remove the strap? Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-23 copy.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	566535

Last edited by Mc2; 07-20-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:51 AM
JK Freak

im not sure what we are lookin at in that pic, but when in doubt, go with the instruction manual, the top either came with a sheet for putting it up or down, or you should be able to find a guide on google/owners manual. i know the card for the hard top is easy to read and shows every step and theres videos for taking it off by hand or hoist out there so the dual top should have the same
Old 07-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Mc2
JK Newbie

got it figured out... It's some sort of "tension" strap to keep the spring loaded when the top isn't in use. There really weren't any videos available on it. All the ones I found didn't even show the strap and the one forum piece I found said to cut it and the tags right on the strap said DO NOT CUT. It makes it difficult to mount the thing to the roll bar as the brackets do not pivot freely with those hooks on. I spent a bunch of time in putting that thing on and figured out after the fact that I really don't even like the soft top. Oh well... Hard top or no top for me I guess. I have looked into a bikini style top or the spiderweb shade. Any opinions on those (completely understanding neither is a waterproofing method)?

Quick Reply: Newb '14 Rubi X in SC. Struggling with the soft top!