Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Newbie frrom South Florida

Old 08-28-2014, 04:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbie frrom South Florida

Good morning all...

So the time has come as I reach the ripe age of mid-30's that I stop tinkering with "kid cars".

Last Friday I traded my 2013 Mitsubishi Evo with a PTE 5858 and 500awhp for a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Altitude edition in blue pearl -- hence the username. (Had nothing quirky to come up with) The Evo was my "I made it back from Afghanistan" present to myself. In the past I've owned another Evo...a decade ago a 500whp SRT-4, a Mazdaspeed3, Lexus IS250, and the list goes on. I'm good at making things go fast but this Jeep thing is new to me. My first vehicle was a 77 Ford F-100 so I guess I'm heading back to my roots.

So on with the Jeep -- It's a nice little rig and I'm pleasantly surprised. It's got some creature comforts for the wife and kids and the bug already bit me. I ordered a RE 3.5" lift, Bilstein shocks, and M/T MTZ's in the 35 x 12.50 x 18 variety, and 1.5" spacers just to make it look like a proper Jeep. I'm not sure the direction I want to go with but I wanted a little more clearance and something to just go out and explore with in the interim.

On with me -- When I'm not working on cars (or Jeeps now), I like to hang out with the kids. the teenagers don't like to hang out with me but my 9 year old still does! We fish and she likes to tinker with me. I also like(d) riding my Harley which I sold prior to my deployment so that's on deck for the next toy. I'm a network engineer by trade and practice BJJ a few nights a week.

Other than that, thanks for having me. I'll have pics later -- I've only got one in horrible lighting to surprise the wife and say "Uh...look what I just bought".

Kris
Old 08-28-2014, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum and to the Jeep family in general. I make it down a couple times a year to visit my brother in Pembroke Pines so I know your area well. Wait until you take your rig off road and then prepare yourself for the Mod bug to take over your every thought. Its a lot of fun and it sounds like your whole family is in on it.

Enjoy
Old 08-28-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Thanks wittys. I grew up in Cocoa and there's more mud there. I'm a mid 30s man and while the wife kids know I don't keep things stock, my mom still threatens me when I get the mod bug!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the JK-Forum! I too am a former Mitsubishi EVO owner I had an EVO 8!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I grew up in Pembroke Pines, went to school in Tampa and now live in... Texas Anywayyysss Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Thanks everyone.

Yeah sm...I had a 9 MR back in 06 and then my 13 X GSR for the past year and a half. I miss it but new adventures await.

Chris...I was out in El Paso a couple of weeks ago. I can see needing a Jeep or any "higher" vehicle out there. I got caught in a flash flood and definitely nothing like Florida rain!

Quick Reply: Newbie frrom South Florida