Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Not a JK

Old 04-17-2014, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a JK

As the title states, I don't have a JK, but am in the process of putting JK rubi axles under my TJ and there's enough tech stuff specific to the axles that I figured I'd join up here. Going pretty mild on this build, just an AW4/D300 along with the JK D44's and a OME 2.5" lift. I picked up a set of the 2013 Rubicon wheels and am planning on running something around 33" with it.
Plans for the front axle (all axle brackets are off front and rear) is to put an external 3" od .25" wall DOM sleeve over the tubes, make up some inner c braces and fully truss it with TJ type mounts built in. Sticking with the factory electric lockers and going to 4.88 gears. Rear is getting a full width truss and high clearance TJ style brackets.
I'm sure I'll have tech questions as I proceed with the swap, but wanted to start off with a quick introduction.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Matt!! Many of us have or have had TJs so should be plenty of experience here to help you out.

Quick Reply: Not a JK