Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Well guys I finally bit the bullet on the Rubicon Unlimited

Old 04-29-2016, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well guys I finally bit the bullet on the Rubicon Unlimited

After searching and doing research I'm finally picking up my 4 door Rubicon Unlimited tomorrow morning. I purchased a Granite Crystal Clear, auto, hardtop and will be doing stuff to it little by little. It will be my daily driver for now until I get the itch to start wanting to get bigger tires, lift, etc. etc. I'll post up some pics of it tomorrow.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Muddywaters
After searching and doing research I'm finally picking up my 4 door Rubicon Unlimited tomorrow morning. I purchased a Granite Crystal Clear, auto, hardtop and will be doing stuff to it little by little. It will be my daily driver for now until I get the itch to start wanting to get bigger tires, lift, etc. etc. I'll post up some pics of it tomorrow.
That's awesome! You are going to love it. Can't wait to see the pics of what is pretty much to me a blank canvas. Take it slow. Wheel it if that is the plan. And make upgrades as you need them. It's a journey. Savor it.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
That's awesome! You are going to love it. Can't wait to see the pics of what is pretty much to me a blank canvas. Take it slow. Wheel it if that is the plan. And make upgrades as you need them. It's a journey. Savor it.
Thanks 14sport, I plan I using it stock for now and getting use to it and it's capabilities and build it up slow, it's going to be a fun project though. I use to have a 92YJ that had 35s Super Swampers, 4" Procomp lift, 3" body lift when I use to live in Miami we use to hit 8st a lot and the and big cypress. Now I need to get familiar with the central Florida area and see what ares I can hit to try it out.

Last edited by Muddywaters; 04-29-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome and congratulations! Drive that thing like you're sponsored!
Old 04-29-2016, 04:30 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks JK junkie, I plan I using it stock for now and getting use to it and it's capabilities and build it up slow, it's going to be a fun project though. I use to have a 92YJ that had 35s Super Swampers, 4" Procomp lift, 3" body lift when I use to live in Miami we use to hit 8st a lot and the and big cypress. Now I need to get familiar with the central Florida area and see what ares I can hit to try it out.
Haha...so you're a pro. The jk is much more capable than your YJ. I have a '95 and a '14. While the YJ is more fun to drive IMO, the JK will out perform it on the trail.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Haha...so you're a pro. The jk is much more capable than your YJ. I have a '95 and a '14. While the YJ is more fun to drive IMO, the JK will out perform it on the trail.
Funny you say that. We have a 95, 97, 11, and a 16. Both my wife and I agree that the YJ is the most fun to drive.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jedg
Funny you say that. We have a 95, 97, 11, and a 16. Both my wife and I agree that the YJ is the most fun to drive.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got to agree on the yj, I had fun times driving that jeep and use to run it hard and it held like a champ. I can't wait for tomorrow to get the JKU and start getting familiar with it. Any of you guys live up in the central Florida area that know about some good area to play at.

Thanks Jedg I plan on it.

Last edited by Muddywaters; 04-29-2016 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Very nice choice! Especially since I just recently purchased a 2016 unlimited rubi, in granite also. Only difference is mine is a manual.

Bill
Old 04-30-2016, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Perfect. Color. Wish they had it last year when I got mine.

Quick Reply: Well guys I finally bit the bullet on the Rubicon Unlimited