Notices
Stock JL Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JL Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Is This a Completely Undisguised JL Wrangler?

Old 12-04-2016, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJORDJ
The pictures look like a Wrangler and a Liberty had rough angry drunken sex which resulted in ^. It's got Curves, Blah

The roof on on the other hand reminds me of a trailblazer milk man who violated an impregnated liberty.

Not a bad idea 💡 though

LOL!
Old 12-26-2016, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

I was initially skeptical of the new JL design. however, If we haven't learned anything from the previous Wrangler designs, its not to under estimate the manufactures ability to deliver on a solid product. In 2006 i remember all the haters on the 4door unlimited option for the JK. Turned out that it was the single best develop Jeep did for the wrangler.... imo. The longer wheelbase would turn out to be a hit in 2007 and really transformed the JK into a family car while acting as a daily driver and weekend warrior on the trail.

My thoughts on the JL
1. I dont like how the fender flares mold or fit into the bumpers. I think this will be more difficult for aftermarket designs.
2. The "C" panel is to wide at the base, when you remove the door, your going to have a large portion of the body exposed to catch on low hanging fruit like trees steep embankments.
3. The angle of the windshield looks like it more of a slope then the previous models. I'm not sure if this is an optical illusion or if the design was done to help reduce drag and improve fuel economy. If it truly is angled more, this is a huge. Makes the wrangler look more of a grocery get'er then a off road machine. My comment to jeep on this change is...If consumers want to save on fuel, instruct them to buy a compass or renegade... Maybe include it in the Manuel some where.. maybe the front page.

just my .02
Old 12-27-2016, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JKtough82
My comment to jeep on this change is...If consumers want to save on fuel, instruct them to buy a compass or renegade... Maybe include it in the Manuel some where.. maybe the front page.

just my .02
I really don't think fuel economy is consumer driven in this case. The EPA and Federal Government are calling the shots here and putting pressure on manufacturers to improve fuel economy averages across their lineups. The JK's record sales even with the 3.8 show that consumers are willing to look the other way when it comes to a wrangler and mpg.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

We just have to wait and see. I remember seeing the final "concept art" of the 2008 Saturn Vue. It looked like some offroad dunebuggy lol. It would have probably sold well if they had actually produced that version, but when the cars actually showed up at the dealers they looked nothing like it. Just another boring cookie cutter suv. (I worked at a Saturn dealership btw) I think Jeep knows better than to kill the golden goose though..
Old 02-21-2017, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

The Renegade grill made me think of the old Land Cruiser front end.

Quick Reply: Is This a Completely Undisguised JL Wrangler?