Notices
Stock JL Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JL Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Ecodiesel for JL....

Old 06-17-2016, 10:41 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Ecodiesel for JL....

Read the article in TruckTrend .com news.

We Hear: 2017 Jeep Wrangler To Get EcoDiesel V-6, 8-speed Trans
Old 06-17-2016, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But do you guys think this will be in the new jeep truck? I really, really, really want this combo!!!!
Old 06-17-2016, 12:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by devwil68
But do you guys think this will be in the new jeep truck? I really, really, really want this combo!!!!
Short answer "no."
Old 06-17-2016, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking about sticker price hopefully reasonably priced and not something ridicules just because it's diesel.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm guessing 45 to 50k for a diesel, if it ever becomes available.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SF_E60
I'm thinking about sticker price hopefully reasonably priced and not something ridicules just because it's diesel.
unfortunately wranglers are already priced something ridiculous. Lol
Old 06-26-2016, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

You could buy a Renegade if you think the Wrangler cost so much. 99% of all other vehicles don't hold their 5 year resale value like the Wrangler.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wrangler's are ridiculously priced given their features and quality simply because they have absolutely no competition in the market right now. Hummer is gone, the FJ is done, the Xterra has finally died, and modern Land Rovers haven't really competed with Jeep as serious down-and-dirty off-road vehicles in the United States for nearly a decade.

However, a Wrangler truck IS going to have competition and in order to position itself into the truck market, it's going to need to be fairly priced and it's going to have to seriously prove itself. FCA has maintained a consistent history with designing a new vehicle and it being a complete cluster**** in terms of quality and reliability for the first couple of years.

A Wrangler with a bed on the back isn't going to cut it. It's going to need to have serious towing and hauling capability and axles that don't bend when you hit a pot hole, things that have never really been a Wrangler strong suit.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:57 PM
JK Super Freak

I think the "serious" towing will be left to the Ram Pickups. The Wrangler based truck will be a sport truck, different cargo carrying configuration , making the JKU last anoher 10 year cycle.
Probably on the JKU platform, can keep it going with the EcoDiesel, 8sp auto, meet CAFE standards.
Keep the JKU , add pickup, lighten up Wrangler by 500 lbs, so the 4cyl Turbo will move it.
Bring back the TJ ?
Old 06-28-2016, 05:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Four Low
I think the "serious" towing will be left to the Ram Pickups. The Wrangler based truck will be a sport truck, different cargo carrying configuration , making the JKU last anoher 10 year cycle. Probably on the JKU platform, can keep it going with the EcoDiesel, 8sp auto, meet CAFE standards. Keep the JKU , add pickup, lighten up Wrangler by 500 lbs, so the 4cyl Turbo will move it. Bring back the TJ ?
I'm bout to get an LJ myself. Talk about overpriced still. I'm gonna have to travel to get one at a reasonable price. Lol.

Quick Reply: Ecodiesel for JL....