Notices
Stock JL Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JL Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

How long until they unveil the JL?

Old 09-03-2016, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long until they unveil the JL?

When do they typically unveil a new body style?

I've Got Ants in My Pants, can't wait.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Usually at the Detroit Auto Show is when they unveil new vehicle models. Seeing as the JL will be for the 2018 year bracket it will be unveiled then. Not confirmed but it's a good bet.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

hopefully we hear something soon
Old 01-09-2017, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

So far nothing at the NAIAS. Maybe at the NYIAS? I was really hoping they would have been ready for today.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:02 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by redvelvetroses
So far nothing at the NAIAS. Maybe at the NYIAS? I was really hoping they would have been ready for today.
I was thinking the same thing. CNBC has been covering the auto show today and I was hoping for a reveal.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Market Watch " just did an article on new vehicles for 2018 ; they state the JL will be debuted this Fall, aluminum body panels, turbo 4 cylinder, slightly enhanced aerodynamics. They called it " new from the wheels up ".
Equally tantalizing, the (possible) return of the Ford Bronco, on Ranger platform.
Also, GM is working on a competitor to the Wrangler.
This is good news, Competition makes for better products. I'm thinking the JL will be a worthy sucessor in the Evolution of Wranglers. Can't wait to see it, hope entry level, no frills model is affordable. Like mid- twenties, or less.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Four Low
"Market Watch " just did an article on new vehicles for 2018 ; they state the JL will be debuted this Fall, aluminum body panels, turbo 4 cylinder, slightly enhanced aerodynamics. They called it " new from the wheels up ".
Equally tantalizing, the (possible) return of the Ford Bronco, on Ranger platform.
This is good news, Competition makes for better products. I'm thinking the JL will be a worthy sucessor in the Evolution of Wranglers. Can't wait to see it, hope entry level, no frills model is affordable. Like mid- twenties, or less.
I'm planning on a 2019 Unlimited Rubicon with likely the V6 and manual, but maybe with the diesel, if they don't get ridiculous with the price. I'm intrigued by what GM comes up with, though. Any source for info on that? I've considered the Colorado ZR2 as my back-up plan if Jeep screws up the JL, which I think is unlikely. Either way, the JK stays in my garage until it caves in on itself!
Old 01-10-2017, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Four Low
I agree. I'm actually more excited about the fact the Wrangler will have competition than the new Wrangler itself. FCA has gotten away with lackluster quality control and hiking the prices up on the JK without actually improving anything substantial since the powertrain improvements in 2012.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:51 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by Spank
I agree. I'm actually more excited about the fact the Wrangler will have competition than the new Wrangler itself. FCA has gotten away with lackluster quality control and hiking the prices up on the JK without actually improving anything substantial since the powertrain improvements in 2012.
I guess you could look at this a couple ways. My initial thought was that the crowd a chevy alternative might appeal to is the soccer mom, or the person who would want a few more creature comforts and a nicer ride than the wrangler provides, but still in a rugged utilitarian vehicle. If that is the kind of competition that Chevy will provide, and Jeep starts losing some market share, the improvements they start trying to make with the wrangler are going to be more slanted towards that crowd to try and win them back. That is my biggest fear with the JL in general. I think the changes they're gonna make are more slanted towards a more fuel efficient and comfortable vehicle for the masses, and further away from being a rugged off road vehicle. Time will tell I guess.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just read in "Auto Blog" that Ford is definitely bringing back the Bronco nameplate ; it will debut in 2020, built on the Ranger platform, coming in 2019
The Jeep Pick Up, on the JL chassis, is slated for 2020, as is the Grand Wagoneer.
Interesting article, with pix, on the Bronco, looks like non-removable hard top.
The JL , and pick up are teaser Spy shots, showing and describing changes to the JL from the JK.

Quick Reply: How long until they unveil the JL?