Notices
Stock JL Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JL Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Looks Like Wrangler Will Keep Its Famous Face Intact

Old 08-01-2016, 11:07 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks Like Wrangler Will Keep Its Famous Face Intact

Here it is, the first look at the face of the new next-gen Jeep Wrangler. You're forgiven if you don't notice much change.

Read the rest on the JK Forum homepage. >>
Old 08-01-2016, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Can't tell it from this picture so much, but I've seen other side views and the front bumper sticking out so far is ugly. Certainly will take getting used to.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So, if I buy a takeoff grill will it bump me up 5 mpg? I jest.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

There's nothing new about that grille. Actually....look at the picture closely as well as the "sloped back" talk and the fender talk. Hmmmm.......looks familiar

Click image for larger version

Name:	1991-jeep-wrangler-yj-renegade-front-grille-red.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	653718
Old 08-02-2016, 02:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroit Steel

Here it is, the first look at the face of the new next-gen Jeep Wrangler. You're forgiven if you don't notice much change.

Read the rest on the JK Forum homepage. >>
I see a more rounded shape to the fender. As for the long front bumper, it appears to have been a disguise, which is typical for test mules. The windshield is the big air dam, so more rake will have a big effect on fuel economy. Also, it will be interesting to see the bottom of the vehicle. There was lots of room for improved aero there, too.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil
I see a more rounded shape to the fender. As for the long front bumper, it appears to have been a disguise, which is typical for test mules. The windshield is the big air dam, so more rake will have a big effect on fuel economy. Also, it will be interesting to see the bottom of the vehicle. There was lots of room for improved aero there, too.
If your looking at this article and seeing "a more rounded shape to the fender" then you would be wrong because the photo that they used here is a rendering of the grill on a picture of a JK. The actual Jalopnik article clearly explains "I tried to overlay the new design on the current face to give us a general idea of what the new Wrangler might look like without camouflage." where the author is referring to the grill getting the YJ-like angled kick back.

The JK-Forum article is only a chunk of the actual text from the author, your far better off going and reading the actual Jalopnik piece that shows the camouflage Jeep that he stole his grill rendering from.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/heres-...lle-1784469484
Old 08-02-2016, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Jeep?

The photo is of a Back Country Edition. The grill mod looks photo shopped. The bumper is AEV and certainly will not be stock. Another dumb thread from this stupid company.

Quick Reply: Looks Like Wrangler Will Keep Its Famous Face Intact