Notices
Stock JL Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JL Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

This is a Rendering of What the JL Jeep Wrangler Might Look Like

Old 08-17-2016, 09:48 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Blizz
I work at the pilot plant at Chrysler.
This is not the JL.
I have a question that perhaps you might confirm: Is JL the official designation from FCA? Or is that as yet unconfirmed?
Old 08-17-2016, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can rest assured, if you like the JK you will like the JL. There are no changes to the body and only slight changes throughout. The JLT on the other hand...
Surely that can't be true. Not even Jeep is brand-loyal enough to itself to remain unchanged on the outside for a 20 year stretch. Each version of the Wrangler becomes iconic in its own right. Yes, even the YJ. But c'mon. Sergio's got to have the balls to evolve a little. With all the mpg changes, aluminum body panels and talk about a turbo 4-cylinder, surely the body style will change somewhat. Even the TJ looks A LOT like the JK but its not. I honestly don't think that would be a smart move on their part at all.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you look at the CJ->YJ->TJ, the biggest changes were in the grill and front fenders. The rear body and panels most casual observers wouldn't even be able to tell the difference (because for the most part there was none). I am OK with them keeping the same smooth vertical panels. They define the Wrangler from everything on the road. Gear like the external hinges are iconic, but the door handles, mirrors, and fenders have all changed throughout.

A couple of the spy photos show the front fenders getting signal lights and restyled mirrors but for the most part are not that far of a departure from the JK.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:40 AM
JK Super Freak

I've been following pretty closely all rumors and spy shots. Nothing is in stone until they hit showroom floors.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stories I read and heard, the windshield maybe sloped back more for aerodynamics. Which then would lead you to believe it would not able to lay down. Another one is it will be a solid hard top option, meaning it will be all one piece like SUV. Safety and fuel requirements come into play very heavily. Gotta make the CARB standards and the fuel standards as a company. The dodge stealth went away to make room for the Durango. Could not make the fuel standard making both, will sell more SUV with a bigger profit margin. It is all about hitting the marks and making the money.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OverKill
Stories I read and heard, the windshield maybe sloped back more for aerodynamics. Which then would lead you to believe it would not able to lay down. Another one is it will be a solid hard top option, meaning it will be all one piece like SUV.
Based on this description, they should rename it "Liberty".

I will be completely and utterly shocked if the top is not removable.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
I will be completely and utterly shocked if the top is not removable.
I might be in the minority here, but if there was a steel skinned JKU available I'd be into it. Coming from an XJ i would have bought a new, larger XJ to accommodate the family. The Jk is the closest thing to it. Keep everything from the waist down the same and add a steel skin roof with sky panels and I'm sure some people would be interested, especially in the overlanding community. You might be able to draw a few people from the 4 runner crowd with idea
this too
Old 08-20-2016, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I have a question that perhaps you might confirm: Is JL the official designation from FCA? Or is that as yet unconfirmed?
Yes its officially the JL and the truck bed version is the JLT.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cutman
Surely that can't be true. Not even Jeep is brand-loyal enough to itself to remain unchanged on the outside for a 20 year stretch. Each version of the Wrangler becomes iconic in its own right. Yes, even the YJ. But c'mon. Sergio's got to have the balls to evolve a little. With all the mpg changes, aluminum body panels and talk about a turbo 4-cylinder, surely the body style will change somewhat. Even the TJ looks A LOT like the JK but its not. I honestly don't think that would be a smart move on their part at all.
Idk what you want from me. I work in the Pilot Plant. I literally sit next to the JL launch team; I'm on the DT launch team. If a JL rolled through a intersection you would not be able to tell it wasn't a JK.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Idk what you want from me. I work in the Pilot Plant. I literally sit next to the JL launch team; I'm on the DT launch team. If a JL rolled through a intersection you would not be able to tell it wasn't a JK.
I'm not doubting you. I just don't get it.

Quick Reply: This is a Rendering of What the JL Jeep Wrangler Might Look Like