Notices
Stock JL Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JL Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Uconnect Nav System for JL--What Features?

Old 02-13-2017, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Uconnect Nav System for JL--What Features?

I'm wondering what will be the latest and greatest features found in the nav system on the JL?

Will it have trails? How will it interact with phones?

I'm not familiar with the best of the current FCA avionics, so anyone want to share/speculate? I'd love to see topographic maps and known trails pre-loaded, but also the breadcrumb feature. I'd also like to see some selection available for things like an inclinometer and engine related data.

Will they have a terrain selector with the 4wd system?

I saw that the Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro with the auto transmission has wireless charging for Android phones (would work with my S7 Edge). I'd love to see that feature, too. (Why Toyota didn't put that feature on the manual is anyone's guess.)

My plan is for a loaded Rubicon, if the JL turns out like I hope.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:34 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil
I'm wondering what will be the latest and greatest features found in the nav system on the JL?

I'm not familiar with the best of the current FCA avionics, so anyone want to share/speculate? I'd love to see topographic maps and known trails pre-loaded, but also the breadcrumb feature. I'd also like to see some selection available for things like an inclinometer and engine related data.
LOL, considering who makes this, the best you might hope for is a USB plug in the dash.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by resharp001
LOL, considering who makes this, the best you might hope for is a USB plug in the dash.
Thanks for trolling.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:19 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Thanks for trolling.
That was a completely honest response. Not sure how it was SOOO absurd you think I'm trolling. I'd submit to you that thinking there might be a NAV with all kinds of 4x4 trails preloaded on it is a lot more ludicrous.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by resharp001
That was a completely honest response. Not sure how it was SOOO absurd you think I'm trolling. I'd submit to you that thinking there might be a NAV with all kinds of 4x4 trails preloaded on it is a lot more ludicrous.

Polaris Industries has an app called Ride Command, which is free on a phone, or can be purchased as an in-dash unit that ties into a phone. It has trails all over the US pre-loaded. I don't think it would be too far-fetched for Jeep to do something like this. The Badge of Honor app already recognizes established trails, too. Considering a fully optioned out JL Rubicon Unlimited will likely be pushing $50,000, I don't think it is too much to ask for or expect some unique features that are tailored to the Wrangler customer base.

I'm really not believing you are interested in anything serious here, based on both of your posts, so please leave the thread to genuinely interested parties. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not familiar with the best of the current FCA avionics, so anyone want to share/speculate? I'd love to see topographic maps and known trails pre-loaded, but also the breadcrumb feature.
As cool as it would be for the JL's UConnect to include trail maps, having those would likely add some liability considerations to FCA and Jeep that they aren't going to want, specifically stupid people who end up using such a feature, getting lost and having something horrible happen, and turning around and blaming Jeep.

I'd also like to see some selection available for things like an inclinometer and engine related data.
All of these features are already included in the Off-Road pages of the UConnect system on the Grand Cherokee. This will most likely make its way to the JL.

Will they have a terrain selector with the 4wd system?
Probably. Which is kind of disappointing, but understandable.

Quick Reply: Uconnect Nav System for JL--What Features?