Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

2015 day runs across the Rubicon

Old 04-30-2015, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wednesday June 17, is the date of day run #1 for me.

Please reply if you are interested.

We will meet in Georgetown at about 8-815 and leave for Loon by 830.

Lunch is on the trail and dinner should be at Burger Lounge near the Y at south shore.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can make that date happen, room for one more?
Old 05-07-2015, 07:16 AM
JK Junkie

Sure!

Just let me know your jeep's details. I'll be posting meeting time/location in about 2 weeks.

I usually meeting in Georgetown, but we can also connect at the spillway if you're plannig to be up there ahead of time.

Just to confirm, you'll need to be comfortable following lines rather than having someone out spotting, and driving at a decent pace.

A CB will be a big help too.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
Sure!

Just let me know your jeep's details. I'll be posting meeting time/location in about 2 weeks.

I usually meeting in Georgetown, but we can also connect at the spillway if you're planning to be up there ahead of time.

Just to confirm, you'll need to be comfortable following lines rather than having someone out spotting, and driving at a decent pace.

A CB will be a big help too.
sounds good, i am driving a 2013 JKU 2.5" lift, Nittos MTs, 34s, 4.56s, 6-speed, decent driver last time in the Rubicon 25 years ago (as a passenger), been away from wheeling for some time, what kind of travel time are you thinking, never done it in a day let me know what you think

Cheers PS it is a rubicon with a CB

Last edited by Monkeyfist; 05-07-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Monkeyfist
sounds good, i am driving a 2013 JKU 2.5" lift, Nittos MTs, 34s, 4.56s, 6-speed, decent driver last time in the Rubicon 25 years ago (as a passenger), been away from wheeling for some time, what kind of travel time are you thinking, never done it in a day let me know what you think

Cheers PS it is a rubicon with a CB
I ran a guy from this board across. He had a Rubicon on 35" Nito MTs. He worked out great. I think it will be more about the pace you can be comfortable with. Our group will likely be 4-5 rigs. The rubicon is much more difficult than it was 25 years ago, but I'm sure youve seen videos and run other trails. I've run both Fordyce and the Rubicon in the same day, so it is not hard to make just the Rubicon in a day.

We are doing another Fordicon run this summer, but only selected rigs will be allow to attend that run since it's a very fast pace.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
I ran a guy from this board across. He had a Rubicon on 35" Nito MTs. He worked out great. I think it will be more about the pace you can be comfortable with. Our group will likely be 4-5 rigs. The rubicon is much more difficult than it was 25 years ago, but I'm sure youve seen videos and run other trails. I've run both Fordyce and the Rubicon in the same day, so it is not hard to make just the Rubicon in a day.

We are doing another Fordicon run this summer, but only selected rigs will be allow to attend that run since it's a very fast pace.
Wow, how and the heck do you do both in 1 day geez just driving between the 2 must take at least 3-4 hours what route between do you take?
I have another friend possibly interested in the june 17th run basically the same rig as mine except he has 35s and 3.5 lift

cheers man
Old 05-08-2015, 06:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Monkeyfist
Wow, how and the heck do you do both in 1 day geez just driving between the 2 must take at least 3-4 hours what route between do you take?
I have another friend possibly interested in the june 17th run basically the same rig as mine except he has 35s and 3.5 lift

cheers man
Sounds great!

We run the rubicon backwards. So we start at fordyce, run it, partially air up, eat an early lunch in truckee at mc Donald's, drive to the back of the rubicon and run out to loon.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's a hard core day! Damn!
Old 05-10-2015, 01:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jonboy74
That's a hard core day! Damn!
For me it's why I'm in to wheeling. It's a solid 10 hrs of focused wheeling. It's an awesome experience in my opinion. I usually have a line for my passenger seat which makes it fun for other people as well.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

K. Any interest in my first group crossing here? Looks like I've got 5-6 rigs so far.

Quick Reply: 2015 day runs across the Rubicon