Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

2015 day runs across the Rubicon

Old 06-09-2015, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a specific date in mind. It's a 4 hour drive for me to Loon, so if you post up a day closer to the weekend, I'll be more likely to join in and make a long weekend of it. If I'm driving that far, I prefer to stay a while....

FYI, Rubicon Unlimited on 3.5" and 35s, but only one camera ;-)
Old 06-10-2015, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
Just confirming there will be zero attendance on the 17th from this forum so I know not to look for anyone here? Right?
I am out buried at work right now, I appreciate the offer and hope to join soon, I will be in Colo. and Moab July 2 thru the 13th so after that would be awesome

Thanks again
Old 06-12-2015, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have to drop out. I've been have the CEL come on and off over the past month, which I sort of ignored and hoped for the best. But it threw the P0302 code three times in the past 24 hours, and I can hear the ticking now. Have a date with the dealership on Tuesday morning. Looks like a new cylinder head may be in my future...

Have a good run. I'll join one of the runs later this year.

Last edited by jonboy74; 06-12-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

how was the run?

Just got my JK back from the dealership, new cylinder head. Ready to go for the next trip!
Old 06-19-2015, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jonboy74
how was the run?

Just got my JK back from the dealership, new cylinder head. Ready to go for the next trip!
That was pretty quick.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:26 PM
JK Junkie

The run was fairly smooth. 4 rigs ran the trail, with two being first timers.

We were on the trail at 10AM and off airing up at 515PM. The pace was a little slow but everyone made it out.

One vehicle took some body damage but most was because his lift wasn't sufficient to clear his tires under full flex. Always be sure to completely test your rig out before hitting some of the tougher trails!

Two sliced tires occurred on the run. One caused a New MT/R failure that required a trail replacement (using his spare). The other (mine) was one of the new Pro-Comp tires. The cut was small so we quickly plugged it and drove out without even having to add any air to the tire. While airing up, we replaced the tire since I have a spare as well, but I could have driven home on it. I have the hazard warranty so I'll get a new 40" tire for about $100 bucks (since I'll have to pay for another warranty certificate and mounting and the bean bags for balancing).

The entire day we only saw one rig on the trail! That's why I do these runs mid week. The weather was about 70 degrees and there weren't any mosquitos to deal with. It was a great day overall!

While I will probably do 2 more of these runs this year that are posted here (and probably 2 adidtional local group day runs too), I will also be doing a Fordycon run in late August/early September. This run will be limited to 3 completely built rigs. We will run both Fordyce and the Rubicon (backwards) in one day.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spinuck
That was pretty quick.
Yea I thought so too. Dropped off Tuesday AM, done Thursday evening. Hats off to the folks at Normandin.

Sorry I missed this one, hopefully I can join one of the next ones.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:43 PM
JK Junkie

I am planning my next Day trip.

Is anyone on this forum interested in a day run across the Rubicon?
I will try to give a month's notice. I'm thinking the week after Labor day currently.

My Fordyce day trip is set for late August.

Post up if there's interest.

My tire replacement cost $40 total, and that was for another warranty certificate. 4wheelparts did the rest for free. Great company!
Old 07-22-2015, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What do you call a fully built rig? I am on 35's and a 4.5 inch lift with front and rear lockers. Also got a winch. Does that qualify?
Old 07-22-2015, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Az scooter
What do you call a fully built rig? I am on 35's and a 4.5 inch lift with front and rear lockers. Also got a winch. Does that qualify?
yes, it does. I run it on 3.5" with 35s and so do many others....

The week after Labor Day sucks for me because of work, but nearly any other week should be fine.

Quick Reply: 2015 day runs across the Rubicon