Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

2015 day runs across the Rubicon

Old 08-12-2015, 03:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rampage
I wonder you already gone to Barrett Lake trail recently? How long it take you to complete the trail? Thanks Mark
~7 miles each way. In and out trail.

Most sections have by-passes. However the middle rock garden does not. I've made the trail in and out with lunch in a day. But most people spend the night at the lake. It's a great trail!
Old 08-12-2015, 03:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Albino Lizard
I'm fortunate to have a non-traditional schedule. It definitely limits participation. I should start making some weekend runs, but I love the openness of the trails mid week.
What days do you have off? I can do a Rubicon Day trip later in September. I can take most any day off, so long as I'm not traveling for work.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im taking a jeep trip from tx to colorado, moab, and plan on taking on the rubicon on the 17th or 18th if anybody is interested.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
~7 miles each way. In and out trail.

Most sections have by-passes. However the middle rock garden does not. I've made the trail in and out with lunch in a day. But most people spend the night at the lake. It's a great trail!
Thank you for sharing the information with us.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

I'll be arriving in Tahoe on 8/28/15 to do some trails. Curious about the Rubicon. Are lockers a must?

I'm a two door JK on 33" with a 2.5" lift. No lockers. I don't want to attempt anything my Jeep has no business doing it's my Daily Driver.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Fenrir
I'll be arriving in Tahoe on 8/28/15 to do some trails. Curious about the Rubicon. Are lockers a must? I'm a two door JK on 33" with a 2.5" lift. No lockers. I don't want to attempt anything my Jeep has no business doing it's my Daily Driver.
I'd say lockers are not a requirement if your going with someone with a tow strap. I wouldn't go past gate keeper alone or without a winch at least
Old 08-14-2015, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Thanks! I'll be going to Tahoe without other Jeeps but figured there would be a lot of other Jeeps around. I may just try Ellis Peak or something instead and wait for the local club to do a run at the Rubicon.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Fenrir
Thanks! I'll be going to Tahoe without other Jeeps but figured there would be a lot of other Jeeps around. I may just try Ellis Peak or something instead and wait for the local club to do a run at the Rubicon.
Actually.. you could go to the top of cadillac hill(observation point) from the tahoe side.. Im not a proponent of wheeling alone but that wouldn't be too bad and there is likely to be others coming out that side depending on what day it is..
Old 08-14-2015, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't attempt the Rubicon without 1 locker. The section between buck island and Rubicon Springs will eat you for breakfast.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Albino Lizard
I wouldn't attempt the Rubicon without 1 locker. The section between buck island and Rubicon Springs will eat you for breakfast.
I'm 4 times through with no lockers but I agree. The bottom of big sluice has gotten pretty nasty.

Quick Reply: 2015 day runs across the Rubicon