Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

2015 day runs across the Rubicon

Old 08-20-2015, 02:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenrir
Thanks! I'll be going to Tahoe without other Jeeps but figured there would be a lot of other Jeeps around. I may just try Ellis Peak or something instead and wait for the local club to do a run at the Rubicon.
I've run the entire trail without using my lockers. It you are an experienced driver (and have a tow strap and another vehicle with you), you can do it.

The trail is not hard until after Ellis creek. At a minimum you could run through the granite bowl up to Ellis creek (bridge and bathroom) and back out. You can even make it the loop I take people on every spring, where you go in Loon and out wentworth.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Albino Lizard
I wouldn't attempt the Rubicon without 1 locker. The section between buck island and Rubicon Springs will eat you for breakfast.
That entire section is downhill. This assumes you bypass old sleuce and run the slabs. But I do agree that that part of the trail is by far the most fun!
Old 08-20-2015, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

I wanted to confirm no one from here is running Fordyce with me next Wednesday on a day run, right? As it stands now, I won't be looking for anyone from here.

I am awaiting a response to confirm a Friday Barrett Lake Day run as well. It will be in September. I'll post when I have a final date.

It looks like there won't be anyone from this board to have made any day runs with me this summer?!!

Hopefully, Barrett will change that at least....
Old 08-20-2015, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Cant make the Wednesday Fordyce, but if you can post the Barrett Lake run a week or two ahead I might be able to make it.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please don't give up on us and keep posting up your runs. I'd still like to make one, just depends on the day/date.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
What days do you have off? I can do a Rubicon Day trip later in September. I can take most any day off, so long as I'm not traveling for work.
My Sept. calendar is very full due to a trip in Shaver 22-27. Add in Barrett on 10-11 and a fire season that is going off, I may not pull my scheduled trips.

I also have to get my jeep in for a front axle seal and am going to change the gears at the same time. Scheduled for next week.

You are welcome to wheel with us in Shaver if you want. Not 100% on the schedule, but I know we are taking the dusy to Ershim lake and probably hitting the Red lakes area.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Albino Lizard
My Sept. calendar is very full due to a trip in Shaver 22-27. Add in Barrett on 10-11 and a fire season that is going off, I may not pull my scheduled trips.

I also have to get my jeep in for a front axle seal and am going to change the gears at the same time. Scheduled for next week.

You are welcome to wheel with us in Shaver if you want. Not 100% on the schedule, but I know we are taking the dusy to Ershim lake and probably hitting the Red lakes area.
Shaver, like a dusy run? Or, a swamp lake run?
Old 08-20-2015, 09:52 PM
JK Junkie

Friday, September 18.
Barrett Lake trail run.
We will meet at dark lake just before 9 am.
And hwy 50 at freshpond chevron at 8 am.

If you camp, just air down at the trailhead parking lot and look for a big orange JKU!
Old 08-20-2015, 11:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Friday, September 18. Barrett Lake trail run. We will meet at dark lake just before 9 am. And hwy 50 at freshpond chevron at 8 am. If you camp, just air down at the trailhead parking lot and look for a big orange JKU!
bucket list trail for me. If I'm in town, I'll be there.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Friday, September 18.
Barrett Lake trail run.
We will meet at dark lake just before 9 am.
And hwy 50 at freshpond chevron at 8 am.

If you camp, just air down at the trailhead parking lot and look for a big orange JKU!
I should be in for that. I'll probably meet you at the Chevron.

Quick Reply: 2015 day runs across the Rubicon