Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4x4 Shop in or around San Jose?

Old 10-21-2016, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 Shop in or around San Jose?

Anyone know of a good 4x4 shop in or around San Jose? I live less than a half mile from 4 wheel parts but can never get a quote from them without an argument or them trying to sell me on some different parts.

Joe is always the one to pick up the phone and after reading reviews I am not the only person he get into it with.

He tried to tell me that a drag link flip kit is not necessary with 4.5 inches of lift and it will give me bump steer if I do install. He said that the Teraflex tie rod is all I need to fix wandering steering....
Old 10-21-2016, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Justin and Mike are good guys to talk with there. You really should have a flip kit when over 3" of lift and it'll fix a lot of handling woes. But they'll only sell and install products they carry, which are below par IMHO compared to others on the market.

Jeff @ Arabia in Campbell does good work I hear. Jason in Pacifica does great work.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Asinine
Justin and Mike are good guys to talk with there. You really should have a flip kit when over 3" of lift and it'll fix a lot of handling woes. But they'll only sell and install products they carry, which are below par IMHO compared to others on the market.

Jeff @ Arabia in Campbell does good work I hear. Jason in Pacifica does great work.
Thanks for the reply, I will try calling again and speaking to Mike and Justin. I know that a flip kit will help and the fact that he was trying to tell me it is not needed and will actually cause bump steer concerns me. I was planning on buying all synergy parts for the front steering system (Sector Shaft Brace, Track Bar, Drag Link, and Tie Rod) which I always think of as a quality brand.

Will also check out Arabia and Pacifica as well.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's why I do my own work. I got tired of getting bad info.

4.5" of lift. Do you get nose bleeds up there? 😳
Old 10-21-2016, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Albino Lizard
That's why I do my own work. I got tired of getting bad info.

4.5" of lift. Do you get nose bleeds up there? 😳
All the time haha. Part of the reason I was calling them was to swap out my coils for some Rock Krawler 3.5's. No need for the 4.5" coils and the ride can get rough on the street with the short arms.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maaicher
All the time haha. Part of the reason I was calling them was to swap out my coils for some Rock Krawler 3.5's. No need for the 4.5" coils and the ride can get rough on the street with the short arms.
A spring swap is easy. Just a few hours on the garage floor. I added some 1" spacers in the front and welded in some c gussets on my buddy's jeep last week.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same issues with 4 wheel parts and avoid them as much as possible.

Wheel works on The Alameda has a technician that can do alignments with adjustable links. Shaffer's Offroad (near Oakland) did my gears. Otherwise I do everything myself like the others.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JurassicJeep
Same issues with 4 wheel parts and avoid them as much as possible.

Wheel works on The Alameda has a technician that can do alignments with adjustable links. Shaffer's Offroad (near Oakland) did my gears. Otherwise I do everything myself like the others.
Thanks for the info. I honestly would like to try and install some of these things myself, but really can't with my current garage set up and my neighbors (mostly just one annoying guy who threatens to call HOA) like to complain when I pull in front of my garage to load up the Jeep even though they can easily go around.

Anything that requires lifting the jeep I cant do at home.

Quick Reply: 4x4 Shop in or around San Jose?