Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

April 11 or 12th....

Old 03-27-2015, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our trails above fresno are great.
Swamp
Coyote
Red
Mirror
etc...

But unfortunately they wont start opening until around May. Regardless of the lack of snow the Forest service wont open the gates until scheduled. Don't want anyone make a trip and be disappointed.

Im planning on putting some runs together this year and will post them in norcal.

Last edited by epic_4x4; 03-27-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:36 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 40thbdjk
Hey Ed since you started this thread is there anything special you want to cross off your list? I have friends in the Sonora area who said it is pretty clear up there and has been nice in the day time so im pretty sure all the foothill trails should be good to go. I ran slick rock years ago in high school, and i took the by pass on the slide at the end than due to a full size blazer on 38 is shaky out there. I might have to take it again just for the fact my jeep is my daily so I cant flop it on the roof. Throw something out there lets see if we can get some of these guys to get off the couch and wheel with us that weekend lol.
Originally Posted by DJ1
I'm pretty much up for anything. There's just 4 main things I need to do to the jeep but those will get done I'm hoping before that weekend. I'll most likely have the majority of it done before Easter weekend.
If you want to try out slick rock and since you've been out there before, I'm willing to check it out. Maybe there's time to check out Corral Hollow which is just southwest of that and it's only considered a "moderate" trail.

My rig is a DD also. I just try and avoid mashing the skinny pedal
Old 03-27-2015, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

We rolled it last summer. Tricky in some places, not in others. The stairs at the end weren't too bad. If your willing to do the stairs, it's a 2.5 hr through trail. Otherwise it's a 4hr out and back
Old 03-27-2015, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by orangedude71
We rolled it last summer. Tricky in some places, not in others. The stairs at the end weren't too bad. If your willing to do the stairs, it's a 2.5 hr through trail. Otherwise it's a 4hr out and back
http://youtu.be/TXJwKGRj7hw . http://youtu.be/q3I-4EzCymY
Old 03-27-2015, 07:57 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Where Heather is going up that staircase, is that the hardest part?

Old 03-27-2015, 08:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
Where Heather is going up that staircase, is that the hardest part?
that's "the bypass" by my understanding. The hard line is further to the left if your looking up the hill. (Right in the video).
Old 03-28-2015, 09:47 AM
DJ1
Former Member

that's "the bypass" by my understanding. The hard line is further to the left if your looking up the hill. (Right in the video).
Old 03-28-2015, 10:00 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by 40thbdjk
Hey Ed since you started this thread is there anything special you want to cross off your list? I have friends in the Sonora area who said it is pretty clear up there and has been nice in the day time so im pretty sure all the foothill trails should be good to go. I ran slick rock years ago in high school, and i took the by pass on the slide at the end than due to a full size blazer on 38 is shaky out there. I might have to take it again just for the fact my jeep is my daily so I cant flop it on the roof. Throw something out there lets see if we can get some of these guys to get off the couch and wheel with us that weekend lol.
Btw, you got oil pan / transmission skids on yet?
Old 03-28-2015, 12:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Ed, I may join you guys on a Slickrock run depending on the day. It is a easy trail for our rigs.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:57 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by JKZinger
Hey Ed, I may join you guys on a Slickrock run depending on the day. It is a easy trail for our rigs.
What day works best for you? I think right now we're leaning towards Saturday the 11th...

Quick Reply: April 11 or 12th....