Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

April 18th, 19th, or 26th --- Slick Rock?

Old 04-13-2015, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys Im a maybe for the slick rock run. I want to try and check out all the stuff I have been wrenching on. I will check back once we get closer. Need to get some scratches on my new Evo oil pan and trans skids.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 40thbdjk
Hey guys Im a maybe for the slick rock run. I want to try and check out all the stuff I have been wrenching on. I will check back once we get closer. Need to get some scratches on my new Evo oil pan and trans skids.
Everyone is welcome. We plan to leave mid morning sat 25th, camp, do a run on sunday.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DJ1
Sounds good Justin. I'll see you on the 26th then.
What time are you going to leave Sunday morning?
Old 04-15-2015, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Hey Justin where are you guys planning on camping?
Old 04-15-2015, 11:09 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richlortz
What time are you going to leave Sunday morning?
Not sure. I think it's only a 2 hour drive from Fremont. I guess it depends if we just do Slick Rock or try and squeeze in another trail. Jason was saying Slick Rock is pretty short.

What's the consensus? Should we add a 2nd trail / any recommendations?
Old 04-16-2015, 04:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
Not sure. I think it's only a 2 hour drive from Fremont. I guess it depends if we just do Slick Rock or try and squeeze in another trail. Jason was saying Slick Rock is pretty short. What's the consensus? Should we add a 2nd trail / any recommendations?
I may be able to make this run also. Not sure yet about camping. Slickrock is about 2 hours from Stockton. We always drive it from the Lake Alpine side and then getting everyone up the ladder and turned around takes a little time if the trail is being used by others. Then we run it back to Alpine which I think is the more fun direction. With a lunch stop it takes a chunk of the day.

If we have any extra time we could run up Mt. Reba until we hit snow which has incredible views. It is only a couple miles from Alpine.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:17 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKZinger
I may be able to make this run also. Not sure yet about camping. Slickrock is about 2 hours from Stockton. We always drive it from the Lake Alpine side and then getting everyone up the ladder and turned around takes a little time if the trail is being used by others. Then we run it back to Alpine which I think is the more fun direction. With a lunch stop it takes a chunk of the day.

If we have any extra time we could run up Mt. Reba until we hit snow which has incredible views. It is only a couple miles from Alpine.
Sounds good. I won't camp the night before. Just going to make the drive out Sunday morning. Meet at the Stockton Chevron at 8:15am to try and leave by 8:30am then? Unless there's a better place to meet at?
Old 04-16-2015, 09:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
Sounds good. I won't camp the night before. Just going to make the drive out Sunday morning. Meet at the Stockton Chevron at 8:15am to try and leave by 8:30am then? Unless there's a better place to meet at?
Better to meet at the gas station in Farmington as that is on the way on highway 4. There is only one station there.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Im on the fence about camping, but count me in for sure to wheel. I'm good with an out and back and if we get something else in thats cool, im just looking for a day away from cement and asphalt. Camping does sound good though to kick back have a few drinks and bullshit..
Old 04-16-2015, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looking at extended forecast for next week, good chance of rain and maybe snow. Will wait to see what happens as far as camping goes. Definitely will do a run that Sunday. When we do camp, there are several good spots just along the trail right past the trees. Hard to miss.

Quick Reply: April 18th, 19th, or 26th --- Slick Rock?