Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Broke down on Ellis Peak Trail (030412)

Old 08-29-2015, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: I'm safe, and my Jeep issue was corrected (temp fix).

Hello, My 2010 JK 2DR had a mechanical breakdown and has no gearing (only neutral) on Ellis Peak Trail (030412). A friendly family gave me and my friend a ride to the PDQ Tahoma Market (west shore Lake Tahoe). Any jeeps in the area willing to tow us off the mountain to the main road? From there I can have Alpine Towing take me to a shop. I'm willing to pay for your trouble! I'll post updates if I find another tow, as the locals here are trying to find a local to assist.

Last edited by Fenrir; 09-03-2015 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just saw this, you still stuck? I'm a few hours away. I'll text you as well.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

On way with a land cruiser. Hoping we can manage from here
Old 08-29-2015, 09:38 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fenrir
On way with a land cruiser. Hoping we can manage from here
Old 08-29-2015, 10:34 PM
JK Freak

I'm out! Thanks!
Old 08-30-2015, 11:23 AM
JK Junkie

Hello,

My 2010 JK 2DR had a mechanical breakdown and has no gearing (only neutral) on Ellis Peak Trail (030412). A friendly family gave me and my friend to the PDQ Tahoma Market (west shore Lake Tahoe).

Any jeeps in the area willing to tow us off the mountain to the main road? From there I can have Alpine Towing take me to a shop. I'm willing to pay for your trouble!

661.529.0340 is my cell

I'll post updates if I find another tow, as the locals here are trying to find a local to assist.
PM me and I'll get you my cell for future reference. I live in el dorado hills and can get to any of the major trails in a couple hours.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:01 PM
JK Freak

Ended up being my shifter cable linkage to my 4WD shifter breaking. The jeep was stuck in neutral, thus why it wouldn't shift to anything.

Was able to get beneath the center console and reconnect. This morning I bought an "E" clip and I hope that fixes it for now. I'm going to look into upgrading that connection.

Pretty embarrassing to get stranded on an easy trail!

Trending Topics

Old 08-31-2015, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ended up being my shifter cable linkage to my 4WD shifter breaking. The jeep was stuck in neutral, thus why it wouldn't shift to anything. Was able to get beneath the center console and reconnect. This morning I bought an "E" clip and I hope that fixes it for now. I'm going to look into upgrading that connection. Pretty embarrassing to get stranded on an easy trail!
Advanced adapters makes a all metal set-up for it. I had it install after I broke mine and had to get out in the mud and shit it from underneath. Never again lol
Old 08-31-2015, 07:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Lomax-dtl
Advanced adapters makes a all metal set-up for it. I had it install after I broke mine and had to get out in the mud and shit it from underneath. Never again lol
are you talking about the transfer case linkage or the automatic tranny linkage?

I have an 08. my manual is fully metal, and my t-case is all metal linkage. What exactly broke?
Old 08-31-2015, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lomax-dtl
I did the same thing. It's expensive and takes time; but worth it. That plastic retainer pin is cheap but can break at the worst time. It's also on the transfer case as well. Best to just buy the expensive AA kit and be done with it.

Quick Reply: Broke down on Ellis Peak Trail (030412)