Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Have some bad news

Old 03-18-2015, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received the news from Chris.

I am in shock and my warmest heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

Hayward brought a lot of joy to my family through all help he provided on my Jeep. Welded and helped install things. Really taught me a lot about off-roading. He always offered his place to hang out or install things. I went there many times to help others.

Rest in peace my friend, your spirit will always live on in all the lives you touched.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Ed and I synced schedules. We are going to stop by the celebration of life on Sunday at 2pm.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is so sad to hear . He has helped me out a few times on the forum my prayers go out to to his family. We will all miss him.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:20 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orangedude71
Ed and I synced schedules. We are going to stop by the celebration of life on Sunday at 2pm.
Yes, some of you may feel awkward if you don't know many members of his family so feel free to link up with us.

Just a heads up but I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of Filipino influence and because of that, it's usually a big "kainan" (ka-eee-nan) or a "banquet" in honor of Hayward. If there are Filipino elders there and they know that you're friends of Hayward's, they're going to expect you to eat and will keep trying to feed you until you give in. It's part of our culture

So if you're not into Filipino food (lumpia/egg rolls, pancit which is a noodle dish, chicken adobo, etc.) then you might want to bring in some food that you'll at least probably eat.

And if you don't want to feel like you'll be eating alone since you don't know many people there, try to catch Mark and I there around 2pm. I'll probably be there around 1:30pm so I can cook up the shrimp boil that I did when we had the wrenching party.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DJ1
Yes, some of you may feel awkward if you don't know many members of his family so feel free to link up with us.

Just a heads up but I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of Filipino influence and because of that, it's usually a big "kainan" (ka-eee-nan) or a "banquet" in honor of Hayward. If there are Filipino elders there and they know that you're friends of Hayward's, they're going to expect you to eat and will keep trying to feed you until you give in. It's part of our culture

So if you're not into Filipino food (lumpia/egg rolls, pancit which is a noodle dish, chicken adobo, etc.) then you might want to bring in some food that you'll at least probably eat.

And if you don't want to feel like you'll be eating alone since you don't know many people there, try to catch Mark and I there around 2pm. I'll probably be there around 1:30pm so I can cook up the shrimp boil that I did when we had the wrenching party.
Believe me, after talking to Mindy and her son Dex they will be very grateful and excited for any of Hayward's "Jeep" friends that can attend either the Celebration or the Funeral services. Offroading and working on Jeeps with all of us was a really big part of his life that he cherished. Connie and I will be at the Monday funeral service.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

Wow, just read this. Very shocking, and my heart goes out to his family. Only got to meet him and his family once, but he was a great guy to wheel with.

Very sad :(
Old 03-18-2015, 04:33 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by JKZinger
Believe me, after talking to Mindy and her son Dex they will be very grateful and excited for any of Hayward's "Jeep" friends that can attend either the Celebration or the Funeral services. Offroading and working on Jeeps with all of us was a really big part of his life that he cherished. Connie and I will be at the Monday funeral service.
Sounds good Ken. I'll be there Monday night also.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Going to try to make it Sunday.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the heads up Ed, give us an idea of what to expect. I'm planing to bring some cannoli. Tracy and I will be going to both the celebration of life as well as the funeral service.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

Just got Sunday freed up also by changing some things around. I will join you guys Sunday at the Celebration and also attending Funeral Monday.

Quick Reply: Have some bad news