Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Insurance went up 12%

Old 08-09-2016, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Insurance went up 12%

My insurance suddenly went up 12%. This is State Farm. I called them and they answered the department of insurance made them increase premium for whole California. Specially all Jeeps got affected most.
Has your Jeep insurance gone up recently?
Old 08-09-2016, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Ohio insurance and while I don't have the exact numbers I do know my policy has increased dramatically. I've been meaning to call but have not yet. I was in "accident" about 2 months ago (I left my jeep in N and it coasted into another vehicle) but was told by the agent it would not effect my premium until the following year, if at all.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks.
I did not have any incident, claim, ticket, or anything. It just went up for no reason.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All our vehicles went up quite a bit a couple months ago. I called State Farm for a quote to see the difference and they were about the same overall (just varied by vehicle). Surprisingly our JK is the lowest cost vehicle we insure still (and we live in the highest theft rate county for JK's in the nation I think). I have heard though that insurance companies across the board are raising rates due to lower gas prices, therefore more people driving resulting in more accidents/claims.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bimmerborn
My insurance suddenly went up 12%. This is State Farm. I called them and they answered the department of insurance made them increase premium for whole California. Specially all Jeeps got affected most. Has your Jeep insurance gone up recently?
We have Geico and our insurance also went up in August when our 6 month was due. I called and the said the same thing. But it's still cheaper to insure the 2013 2 door than our 2005 Grand Cherokee Hemi.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for letting me know folks. Not that I like the insurance hike on anyone, but now I feel OK that it is not just my insurance. I guess we all are being penalized for other drivers mishaps.

Did you see the driver that hit parked Police car while playing Pokemon Go? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvA9ZgC73vc
Old 08-09-2016, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live in Louisiana, insurance is just high here.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Added a kid to the insurance so hard to tell. I ended up shopping it last year and got a pretty solid reduction by going to liberty mutual. I run high deductibles too
Old 08-09-2016, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like Mark said, I keep adding kids to the insurance so it's hard to tell. I know ours went up a while back because they said we drive more miles than the average person. Apparently when they send a notice asking how many miles on your vehicle and you dont reply, they go to the dealer and check the service records to try to get the mileage which the dealers will share
Old 08-11-2016, 12:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in CA as well. I have Farmers. No increase for me but I only pay my insurance once per year and that's back in April.

I don't expect a change since the cost for my jeep is so low. I think I pay about $450 a year total for it.

Quick Reply: Insurance went up 12%