Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Nor Cal What was done to your JK this week ???

Old 04-04-2015, 08:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spinuck
Just had to buy a new battery because my stock one died Ended up getting Die Hard Platinum after reading good reviews.
That is what I have been running for a couple years. They are awesome.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What have I done? Hmm. Went to Hollister with friends for a shakedown cruise and managed to bend the flange where the exhaust bolts to the manifold. This ain't gonna be a cheap fix. Knowing this means unbolting rusty exhaust bolts which attach to an aluminum head means this one is going to get handled at the dealer. just empty every pocket.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rusty nuts lol

Hey they make a tool that is like a clamp devise with a chisele side and it is used to crack exhaust nuts that are rusted on. Usually the studs are ok if you can crack the nuts off. I have used it before a guy that I worked with had one. Works best if the nuts are hot they crack right in two. Than just chase the threads on the exhaust manifold and your set. Worst case you still have to take it to the dealer. Not sure where he bought that tool but since it was off the wall I would say harbor freight.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 40thbdjk
Hey they make a tool that is like a clamp devise with a chisele side and it is used to crack exhaust nuts that are rusted on. Usually the studs are ok if you can crack the nuts off. I have used it before a guy that I worked with had one. Works best if the nuts are hot they crack right in two. Than just chase the threads on the exhaust manifold and your set. Worst case you still have to take it to the dealer. Not sure where he bought that tool but since it was off the wall I would say harbor freight.
I'm pretty sure the flange is still bent. Probably means bolting in a new drivers side cat. The pentastar engines have the exhaust manifold built into the head. It's just plain nastiness to fix this
Old 04-06-2015, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

I looked at my motor this morning and I see what you are talking about. I should have looked before I opened my mouth. But if you do decide to take it apart run the motor first if you can. Those nuts wont fight you as much if they are hot. Goodluck
Old 04-06-2015, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 40thbdjk
I looked at my motor this morning and I see what you are talking about. I should have looked before I opened my mouth. But if you do decide to take it apart run the motor first if you can. Those nuts wont fight you as much if they are hot. Goodluck
I've decided to order the mopar specific parts and try to get the local muffler shop to do the hard work before running to the dealer
Old 04-06-2015, 02:45 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orangedude71
I'm pretty sure the flange is still bent. Probably means bolting in a new drivers side cat. The pentastar engines have the exhaust manifold built into the head. It's just plain nastiness to fix this
The flange right after the 02 sensor? How'd you manage that? Cat Conv are expensive too.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
The flange right after the 02 sensor? How'd you manage that? Cat Conv are expensive too.
The flange that bolts to the head.. I came down hard on the skid plate trying to get over the pipes.(damn those pipes) and probably knocked the exhaust loop up. It might be the flange.. or it possibly is the bracket that holds the exhaust on.. its kind of a complicated attachment mechanism. in either case.. not something I'm willing to tackle.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Speaking of that bulky exhaust loop. Has any body installed that loop deleat? And does anybody know if it effects performance? When I was installing my lift I was thinking that it needed to go if possible.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:26 AM
JK Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3775949557.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	605297

Evo stinger installed.

Quick Reply: Nor Cal What was done to your JK this week ???