Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rubicon Run October 16, 17, 18

Old 10-09-2015, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by miggs70
I was wondering if you were going to make it, I know you normally do.
If it was the weekend of the 24th I could of made it. Get back in town on the 19th
Old 10-10-2015, 08:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GueroDave
Can't make it this year. Will be out of town. Have fun, be safe
Hey Dave, you in AZ or CA? We are living in Sahuarita, AZ now, just South of Tucson. We will have to run some AZ trails sometime.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by miggs70
Not trying to talk you out of going, but with only a 2 1/2" lift and stock tires you will need the sliders. I have a 2 door with about 3 1/2" of lift and 35's and I use them a lot. We did have a stock 2 door Rubicon go with us a couple of years ago, and he did ok but beat the crap out of it.
Well, everything keeps telling me its probably not the best idea to go right now. As much as I want to go on this trip I don't think it will be the best decision right now. At least not for my Jeep LOL. I have to at least get a set of decent sliders and 35's before hitting this trail from all the advice I'm getting. All the videos I've seen look awesome and while I know I can make it through...the few stock rigs that I've watched look like they get stuck constantly. Wouldn't want to turn an "easy" trip for all you guys into a stuck-fest just because of me. It's fun helping out people but after 15-20 pulls it gets old. I'll gear-up and be ready to hit the Rubicon right the next time. I'm sure by the spring I'll be ready to go so let's plan another run soon.

Cheers, Alan
Old 10-12-2015, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rippin'AV
Well, everything keeps telling me its probably not the best idea to go right now. As much as I want to go on this trip I don't think it will be the best decision right now. At least not for my Jeep LOL. I have to at least get a set of decent sliders and 35's before hitting this trail from all the advice I'm getting. All the videos I've seen look awesome and while I know I can make it through...the few stock rigs that I've watched look like they get stuck constantly. Wouldn't want to turn an "easy" trip for all you guys into a stuck-fest just because of me. It's fun helping out people but after 15-20 pulls it gets old. I'll gear-up and be ready to hit the Rubicon right the next time. I'm sure by the spring I'll be ready to go so let's plan another run soon.

Cheers, Alan
Not a problem I completely understand. But so you know the group that is going is all about helping people get through. For us half the fun is helping people out, watching other rigs go by. Thats why we take the 3 days to do it, we just like to have fun at a slow pace.

That being said, yes you will beat the crap out of it the way it sits right now.

If you change your mind we still have a few days.

Scott
Old 10-12-2015, 12:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by orangedude71
I think the newer style wheels are better. But the older ones with metal valve stems and tpms. Watch out for those
I don't take people across any more who still have the aluminum stems and stock rims. I've had people on runs shear off 3 across one trail run. My last guy broke 2. Though, I was getting quite good at replacing them on the trail...
Old 10-16-2015, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you guys go?
Old 10-18-2015, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes was just two of us until Saturday we had someone meet us at Buck Island. We ended up running it from Tahoe. It rained from about midnight Friday until last night. It made it real interesting getting up Big Sluice.

Even with the rain it was a great weekend, there was hardly any trail traffic at all. We didn't see anyone until we got to Buck Island yesterday.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool, hopefully I can make it next time.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Glad you guys had a good run. Sorry I missed it but ended up coming down with a bad flu that knocked me out for most of the weekend anyway so it was a good thing I missed out. Hope to see you guys out on the next run one of these days. I'm just about finished with my sliders so checking things off my "Jeep list" until then.

Quick Reply: Rubicon Run October 16, 17, 18