Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Sure is quiet around here

Old 11-16-2014, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
I posted a run here. Got no takers. So I ran 4 other vehicles on the rubicon. Posted an item for sale. No takers. Sold it on Craigslist. Seems like a lull in action here. We will have snow runs coming up. Dec 6 is a toy run for Christmas promise. If you'd like to show your jeep and help a great charity, Mark 12/6 for the event... We will see if anyone is interested!
yep. Can't disagree with that. Seems like critical mass has fallen off abit on the NorCal side. My schedule is a total disaster with work(now writing this from Shenzhen) which makes commitments hard did events/ runs. I will for sure be posting a New Years run at Hollister. 2 years ago there were about 12 rigs. Last year 4
Old 11-18-2014, 09:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A few of us guys in the valley here are thinking about a hollister trip with one night of camping on either the Friday or Saturday night of thanksgiving weekend. If it somehow doesn't snow between now and then we may do Slickrock and camp there.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKZinger
A few of us guys in the valley here are thinking about a hollister trip with one night of camping on either the Friday or Saturday night of thanksgiving weekend. If it somehow doesn't snow between now and then we may do Slickrock and camp there.
Unless they close the gates I still vote Slickrock. A little cold and snow never hurt anyone...
Old 11-18-2014, 03:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by miggs70
Unless they close the gates I still vote Slickrock. A little cold and snow never hurt anyone...
Yep, I am with you on that thought!
Old 11-20-2014, 05:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Did slick rock earlier this year. Those slabs covered in ice/snow must be lots of fun
Old 11-21-2014, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by orangedude71
Did slick rock earlier this year. Those slabs covered in ice/snow must be lots of fun
They weren't covered last weekend. Rain from the previous day left the stairs a bit slick, but also made for less dust and beautiful scenery.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Mindy's been sick,just released from hospital yesterday.Works busy,to help pass the time put dual holleys on the sedan
Old 11-22-2014, 08:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by familytime
Mindy's been sick,just released from hospital yesterday.Works busy,to help pass the time put dual holleys on the sedan
bummer hope she's doing better.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about Mindy being sick. I hope all is better.

We do our club holiday shopping on Black Friday, so our thanksgiving weekend is booked.

Did anyone see the Georgetown to uncle toms cabin tou run!!!

It's mid December.

Otherwise our club will have two iron mtn road patrols this winter as well.

I should have my bumper work completed by next weekend and new tires by the end of January.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by familytime
Hope she is feeling better now. Ken said you might come next weekend? Weather permitting of course.

Quick Reply: Sure is quiet around here