Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Thank you SFPD

Old 10-20-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChrisLe
Incorrect. Read it again paying special attention to the highlighted word and its meaning within the context of the entire statement....

"This section shall not apply to vehicles of a sheriff's office, local police department, or any vehicles used by local peace officers under public authority for special undercover or confidential investigative purposes."

or

conjunction \ər, ˈȯr, Southern also ˈär\

Definition of OR

used as a function word to indicate an alternative <coffee or tea> <sink or swim>, the equivalent or substitutive character of two words or phrases <lessen or abate>, or approximation or uncertainty <in five or six days>
Don't need a definition. I see it now. good try at being a dick though.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Don't need a definition. I see it now. good try at being a dick though.
I aim to please....
Old 10-23-2014, 09:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come up to Folsom, CA and you pick up a complementary companion ticket to go with your SF piece of work!

I live in El Dorado County which neighbors Folsom on the eastern side. Our County Sherriff is 4wd friendly and they are instructed NOT to bother with wheel/tire coverage. But they will pull you over for safety violations. The CHP also will not harass you up there for tire coverage - which I learned first hand.

I have several friends who are in law enforcement. The top identifier of wanted felons is expired tags. That is what they look for - not citing people for tire coverage.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
Come up to Folsom, CA and you pick up a complementary companion ticket to go with your SF piece of work!

I live in El Dorado County which neighbors Folsom on the eastern side. Our County Sherriff is 4wd friendly and they are instructed NOT to bother with wheel/tire coverage. But they will pull you over for safety violations. The CHP also will not harass you up there for tire coverage - which I learned first hand.

I have several friends who are in law enforcement. The top identifier of wanted felons is expired tags. That is what they look for - not citing people for tire coverage.
Well if your tags are expired it is likely because you did not renew, which is likely because you are hiding from the law.....
Old 11-05-2014, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

Yep i got lit up tonight coming over the bay bridge tonight. Just a fix it ticket but still very much annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 11-06-2014, 07:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKJody
Yep i got lit up tonight coming over the bay bridge tonight. Just a fix it ticket but still very much annoying. Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
to be clear: is it for no mudflaps or for tires outside the fenders. I was getting ready to sell my stock wheels and tires but maybe handy to keep around in the event of a fixit ticket
Old 11-06-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrod250
Wouldn't it be a shame if a stolen vehicle was recovered because it was pulled over for a legitimate violation? Or if a violent criminal with a warrant was picked up because of a simple traffic stop? Or perhaps a kid napping victim was located because of a petty traffic stop? Oh that's right, us cops already know who's driving when we stop a vehicle and we just love to bust people's chops for no good reason.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if some scumbag had JUST stole your jeep and it got recovered from that stop? Yup. We are all assholes. Call a criminal next time you need help.
Timothy McVeigh was captured because he was stopped for a petty violation, expired registration, on his rental truck. Just some asshole cop caught a mass murderer and domestic terrorist by investigating a minor traffic violation. Yup....total asshole.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the troopers I work with stopped this guy for no front plate last week just to be a inconvenience to him. Turns out he was a serial rapist on the FBIs most wanted list and was headed back to mass to kill one of his victims. http://m.wcvb.com/news/serial-rape-s...setts/29463056

Last edited by jrod250; 11-06-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrod250
One of the troopers I work with stopped this guy for no front plate last week just to be a inconvenience to him. Turns out he was a serial rapist on the FBIs most wanted list and was headed back to mass to kill one of his victims. Serial rape suspect Gregory Lewis returns to Massachusetts | Local News - Home
that story says he was caught at a house...not in a traffic stop.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jksteve2013
that story says he was caught at a house...not in a traffic stop.
He took off from the stop, ran down a dead end road and crashed into the river.

Where does it say he was caught at a house?

Last edited by jrod250; 11-06-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Thank you SFPD