Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Tomorrow! USFS trail clearing run. All rigs are welcome!

Old 06-05-2015, 07:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tomorrow! USFS trail clearing run. All rigs are welcome!

If anyone is interested we will be performing USFS trail maintenance on reopened trails tomorrow morning. We are meeting at Freshpond chevron on hwy 50 at 830 am.

This is your chance to run some easy trails, do your part to help reopen and clear trails, and have a fun relaxing day. Just bring gloves, and any clearing equipment you may have plus a good attitude and everything else will be fun!
Old 06-05-2015, 08:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fully intend to join one of your runs but as usual summers are a disaster for me. Curious, I've read hints that some of the 42 trails are opening or soon to open. Do you have any knowledge about what trails will be opening this year?
Old 06-07-2015, 01:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by orangedude71
I fully intend to join one of your runs but as usual summers are a disaster for me. Curious, I've read hints that some of the 42 trails are opening or soon to open. Do you have any knowledge about what trails will be opening this year?
Approximately 21 of the 42 trails are re opened. Barrett is slated to open this year, and possibly long canyon. Our trail is slated for next summer.

This work effort was on trails already open, but closed from a previous lawsuit so they became overgrown. The work yesterday was a tremendous effort. We has 11 rigs and 24 people. We only got 2 miles of trail cleared. There are lots of open trails up there that just aren't passable in jeeps because of overgrowth.

If wheelers are tired of seeing trails closed, STEP UP and come help reopen some of them!!
We've done two runs so far this year and will do a couple more.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow! USFS trail clearing run. All rigs are welcome!