Notices
Northwest If you live in the North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Anyone in the Seattle area running a dynomax exhaust in a '12 or newer?

Old 04-20-2014, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone in the Seattle area running a dynomax exhaust in a '12 or newer?

Looking at this one:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

I just don't want to pull the trigger without hearing one in person. Don't want a ricey sound, but would love to free up the muffler area for a compressor and tank

Thanks guys!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Good news: I have one installed on my 2 dr 2012 Jeep and it doesn't have a ricer sound at all.

Bad news: You can't hear it because I'm deployed but if you want to wait about 3 months I can hook you up then.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:28 PM
JK Freak

I'm concerned with the drone I've read about in the 1200-1300 range. That's kinda where I hang when I'm wheelin' for the most part.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure this is the exhaust that I have...it's a little Ricey, but it grows on you. Not many good options for tone. Just suck it up and pull the trigger
Old 04-23-2014, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Ronin's system is slightly altered though. He's not running a tailpipe so it is deeper then you'd normally get which helps reduce the riceyness. His sounds good. I have the MBRP and it sounds good as well as our friend just did the Magnaflow crawler system, it sounds good too. FYI
Old 04-23-2014, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

DO NOT BUY IT. I put one of the DynoMax systems on my 2013 JK 2dr with the 3.6 pentastar; I lost all of the power I had gained with a K&N FISC system, it has a very noticeable drone up to 2000 rpm, and I lost MPG (17.5 down to 15.8 and this is over the period of 3 tanks of gas). And the clamps for the tips don't clamp tight enough to hold the tips on (I had to weld mine on). There are other threads on this site that will give you the same info to back up my claims. I have since gone back to my stock system and my power level and MPG came back to 17.5.

But if you are determined to have this system I will give you this one free; you pay the shipping.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by USMC20yrs
DO NOT BUY IT. I put one of the DynoMax systems on my 2013 JK 2dr with the 3.6 pentastar; I lost all of the power I had gained with a K&N FISC system, it has a very noticeable drone up to 2000 rpm, and I lost MPG (17.5 down to 15.8 and this is over the period of 3 tanks of gas). And the clamps for the tips don't clamp tight enough to hold the tips on (I had to weld mine on). There are other threads on this site that will give you the same info to back up my claims. I have since gone back to my stock system and my power level and MPG came back to 17.5. But if you are determined to have this system I will give you this one free; you pay the shipping.
Wow - that's the first negative I've heard. I'll search for the threads you're speaking of - looks like a simple straight-thru design, I wonder why the loss of power and mileage.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah thats odd I didn't gain or lose any MPG, hell when I drove to Moab I averaged 20 MPG with 35's, lift and bumpers. I really like my system but like Mdash said mine is slightly more modified then normal. While wheeling and I am down in the low RPM range the drone has never bothered me if anything is has a slightly deeper throaty sound.

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Seattle area running a dynomax exhaust in a '12 or newer?