Notices
Northwest If you live in the North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

WTT: Hard Top for Soft Top (2 door)

Old 03-16-2017, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT: Hard Top for Soft Top (2 door)

Hey all,

I'm new to the forums. Currently in the middle of doing a build on my Jeep - hopefully it'll be done next weekend. I have a 2016 Rubicon, 2 door. I'm looking to see if there is any interest in trading my hard top (freedom top style) for a soft top+cash? If I'm posting in the wrong spot, my apologies! Looks like a great place to gain a wealth of knowledge - glad I found this place.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Default Trade?

Originally Posted by Malaki0612
Hey all,

I'm new to the forums. Currently in the middle of doing a build on my Jeep - hopefully it'll be done next weekend. I have a 2016 Rubicon, 2 door. I'm looking to see if there is any interest in trading my hard top (freedom top style) for a soft top+cash? If I'm posting in the wrong spot, my apologies! Looks like a great place to gain a wealth of knowledge - glad I found this place.
You have it the other way around. If you are intent on trading a hardtop plus cash for a soft top, just buy the soft top and keep the hardtop. The hardtop is worth more than a soft top.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by saharaharry
You have it the other way around. If you are intent on trading a hardtop plus cash for a soft top, just buy the soft top and keep the hardtop. The hardtop is worth more than a soft top.
He's got it right. He wants to trade his hardtop to someone for their soft top and some cash.

Original post, what kind of money are you wanting in addition to the soft top?
Old 03-17-2017, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

Default hardtop-softtop

My Whoops!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Wink

My Whoops!
Yeah - sorry about that if I wasn't clear. As for what kind of cash... looks like the OEM Freedom Top goes for ~$2400 and the OEM Soft Top goes for ~$1400. My Jeep has about 7k miles on it and it's always stored in the garage, so the hard top is in excellent shape. I'd probably do a soft top+$800 cash, if the soft top was in really good shape.

If my numbers are way off, please feel free to chime in. I'm relatively new to the Jeep arena. We had a 2011 Wrangler that had nothing but problems, so this is our first Jeep in about 5 years.

On a happy note, my Old Man Emu 4" lift came today!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you weren't so far away I would take you up on that. I wish I had the hardtop like my old TJ.

Quick Reply: WTT: Hard Top for Soft Top (2 door)