Notices

Overland Expo 2014

Old 03-05-2014, 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overland Expo 2014

16-18May Mormon Lake AR. (Just a few miles south of Flagstaff) Get your reservations in quick! This one is selling out fast. Stop and say hi with your JK. Becca & I will hopefully be there Thurs the 15th in "Hazardous".

Hazard climbing 2 600x450.jpg
Old 03-20-2014, 10:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For you "East-coasters", I just received an email from Overland Expo.

Dear Overland Experience registrant,

We have some breaking news we want to alert you to—although for the vast majority of you, it won't change your plans.

It's been six years since the first Overland Expo was held in central Arizona, and each year it has grown and this year the growth is so big that we realized it's time: Overland Expo EAST.

That's right, we're gearing up for our first show east of the Mississippi:*

Why East?*Demand. Although many people do traverse the country (and the world!) for the now famous WEST show, we realize that so many more just don't have time. We've been begged so often we realized it's just time.

Why Asheville?*Location, location, location. A day's drive from NYC, the Capitol, Florida, and much of the Midwest. In the heart of Appalachia, just off I-40, it's surrounded by the Great Smokey Mountains and is an outdoor paradise much like northern Arizona. Asheville, like Flagstaff, is funky and fun and full of great food and breweries. Did we mention breweries? Like northern Arizona, it's full of diverse cultures, a crossroads and a melting pot. *We've reserved the entire Taylor Ranch in Fletcher, a lovely family-owned farm with beautiful mature hardwood trees, ponds, creeks, ducks, horses, rolling hills and lots of grass. Did we mention grass?

Why October?*Beautiful fall weather and the trees should just be starting to turn color.

What will it be like?*Land Rover and RawHyde Adventures are both on board to bring top-notch training to our attendees. Graham Jackson, Duncan Barbour, and Andy Dacey are back on board to run the whole program of offerings that makes our event so unique. Like Overland Expo WEST, it's an all-outdoor venue. We opt for beautiful surroundings and a top-quality community experience.

CAN I CHANGE MY REGISTRATION: YES! We realize most of you will stay registered for Overland Expo WEST. If you would rather switch, please just contact us and we'll portage your registration and you'll be first in line. One thing to note: Overland Expo EAST in the first year will NOT be as big as the WEST. It's going to take time to build. We'll have many high quality classes, led by many of the same instructors, though. And many different and new exhibitors.

Of course many of you will want to do BOTH. After all, overlanding is about exploration, and we feel like the American southeast has so much to offer. We can't wait to share it with you!

All the best,

Roseann & Jonathan Hanson, directors and owners

Graham Jackson, training director

Michael Kaiser, sales manager

Alison DeLapp, logistics manager

Roseann Hanson
Old 10-07-2014, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default East Expo

East Expo was fun but I hear the West is far superior.

Quick Reply: Overland Expo 2014