Notices

The Rainforest Challenge

Old 07-21-2014, 03:02 PM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Rainforest Challenge

For a long time, I thought that the King of the Hammers was the ultimate off-road race. It pits man against an ever-changing environment, unforgiving rocks, and the high speeds of the desert. After searching for other off-road races around the world, I came across this. It is the Rainforest Challenge, and I dare say, I'm reconsidering my metric of what makes the ultimate off-road race.

The Rainforest Challenge has been taking place since 1997, and you face off against the tropical environment of Malaysia. You not only deal with the humidity of the southern Pan-Asian country, but also river crossings, mud, downed trees, the jungle of Malaysia, and more for 10 days. This year, the Rainforest Challenge features two new classes: Modified Pickup 4x4 and Production Pickup Truck 4x4. This allows for OEM trucks to get representation on the challenge on their own stage, but also allows for newer drivers to get involved in the challenge. You can get a peek at what these drivers will face in the videos after the jump.

Read the rest on the JK-Forum homepage.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:54 PM
JK Freak

dear god the water dmg in that first one, how deep is that mud hole?! the vehicle has a snorkel but the driver doesnt.......
Old 07-22-2014, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Look up LADOGA on you tube. its a beast also. Its a Russian race.

Quick Reply: The Rainforest Challenge