Trails near camp pendleton and socal area

Old 04-26-2015, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I'm talkin about!!! Nice..
Old 04-28-2015, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Thats funny, I use to have to go to the peak all the time for my company, repairs. The truck trails go all over from Corona to SD. and the 15 to Rancho, or Coto de Caza and Modjeska Canyon. We had snow on the peak in May... Try it in a 1 ton service body with Cali truck mirrors...
Old 04-28-2015, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tombstone17
Thats funny, I use to have to go to the peak all the time for my company, repairs. The truck trails go all over from Corona to SD. and the 15 to Rancho, or Coto de Caza and Modjeska Canyon. We had snow on the peak in May... Try it in a 1 ton service body with Cali truck mirrors...
So. I haven't met anyone with experience up there. How bad is it really for humans to be up there??? You know with the FCC warning and all about not being safe for humans....

image-3403248068.jpg
Old 04-28-2015, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Either way. Safe or not I am planning a run back up there from the Ortega highway side since the Silverado entrance is closed for a bit. I hope to get this organized within 4 weeks. If there is any interest we can get a group from the forum to go. Here is a video from my last trip up http://youtu.be/qksJ0U9As14
Old 04-28-2015, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm down as long as it's sometime in May. Possibly start a new thread in the SoCal staging area to get more attention. Liked your video by the way, did you shoot that with a GoPro?
Old 04-28-2015, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OscarMike951
I'm down as long as it's sometime in May. Possibly start a new thread in the SoCal staging area to get more attention. Liked your video by the way, did you shoot that with a GoPro?
Thanks! I will def hit up the staging area when I figure out what date. I've got at least two other Jeeps ready. Possibly 4 or 5 not counting forum members. Could be really awesome!
Old 04-29-2015, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Machoo, have you gone on the trail all the way over to Corona? We had to bring the bigger trucks in that way all the time. Makes for a long day. We always had a key to the gates, for that multi lock box. That last grade before it turns to the east at the top, is covered in broken rock a lot of times during the year. We had a lot of tire fails on that grade. The Main Div. Rd. goes all the way through across Ortega Hwy and San Juan campgrounds on to end up almost to the far side of the lake. That would be a great day trip for your group. And to think I had to drive all those roads for work, no wonder I loved that job. There are so many cool trails in the back of Cota, but thats a gated commune . Edison had to read meters for SDg&E back there and a whole town that is off Ortega in the hills that people don't know about, It's a horse ranch style community.... You folks have fun maybe I will see you out there.....
Old 04-29-2015, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

Almost forgot, there is one set of repeaters up there, that you shouldn't go near. You will get a visit, from people who are not very happy. I was told it is NSA,DOD,and few other alphabet soup groups that take a dim view of you being near their stuff....
Old 04-29-2015, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

There are the trails that will take you to the Tajaha? Falls, pretty nice ride, and the falls are fun to play in, if the water is flowing. From Ortega hwy (near the summit) San something campgrounds, a left turn off Ortega and follow the trail , and signs. The Forest Service bldg. at Ortega has maps you can follow......
Old 04-30-2015, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Default Great Info

Originally Posted by Tombstone17
Machoo, have you gone on the trail all the way over to Corona? We had to bring the bigger trucks in that way all the time. Makes for a long day. We always had a key to the gates, for that multi lock box. That last grade before it turns to the east at the top, is covered in broken rock a lot of times during the year. We had a lot of tire fails on that grade. The Main Div. Rd. goes all the way through across Ortega Hwy and San Juan campgrounds on to end up almost to the far side of the lake. That would be a great day trip for your group. And to think I had to drive all those roads for work, no wonder I loved that job. There are so many cool trails in the back of Cota, but thats a gated commune . Edison had to read meters for SDg&E back there and a whole town that is off Ortega in the hills that people don't know about, It's a horse ranch style community.... You folks have fun maybe I will see you out there.....
I have run the trail from the Silverado side up Main Divide and from the Ortega side up Main Divide but I haven't actually gone on down into Corona! Sounds fun though. The bummer right now is that Silverado is closed so if we go up on from the Ortega side we would have to backtrack the way we came in unless going on down into Corona. Sometimes running the trail back in the opposite direction is fun though - different view!

Pretty awesome that you go to do the trails and get paid for it! HAHA! Right now I am leaning towards the last weekend in May. I'm pretty booked otherwise.

As for the OP you should hit up Anza Borrego too. Attached is a shot from the wash running out to Fonts Point from last weekend!

IMG_1352 - Copy.jpg

Quick Reply: Trails near camp pendleton and socal area