JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Difference between X and Sahara? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/difference-between-x-sahara-61776/)

JKnewb 11-14-2008 08:29 AM

Difference between X and Sahara?

I'm in the market to trade in my 2 door x for an unlimited.

Local dealer has an unlimited sahara that I might be interested in. My question, after looking over many pics of the shara, what is the difference between them (X and sahara) other then hard top and painted fender flares?

For the life of me I don't see any other differences.

Thanks for any response,
Ryan

Rubidon 11-14-2008 08:33 AM

Not sure if you are looking at new or used, anyway one difference might be the Yes material on the seats. Another will probably be the shocks as well as tire and rim set up.

JKnewb 11-14-2008 08:37 AM

Thanks. I did notice that the Sahara has 16 inch rims with bridgestone tires, my x came with 17's and wranglers. I would love to be able to keep my wheels/tires and swap them to the Sahara if I end up buying.

Didn't know about the int or shocks, I'll see if the dealer has any clue. I asked them what the difference between the two is other then what I mentioned here, and they didn't have a clue.

It is a 2007 unlimited, so not sure if that changes what the difference could be. And mine is a 2007 x.

Rubidon 11-14-2008 08:53 AM

Check the tire/rim, if 16" not stock.
And if you wish to keep your tire/rim combo tell them that.
On used vehicles they can do a lot and will to sell
You may also be getting 4:10 gears with the Sahara.:yup:

Rubidon 11-14-2008 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by N2rock (Post 790754)
Are you sure about the rims? Sahara comes stock with 18" rims (not 16")... X's come stock with 16" rims, and can be upgraded to 17".

Sahara's came with 17" or 18".

scouter4life 11-14-2008 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Rubidon (Post 790773)
Sahara's came with 17" or 18".

Unless something changed the '08's and '09's do not have the 17" as an option on the Sahara. I wanted 17" when I ordered my '08, but they were not an option anymore.

other differences include the fabric as mentioned, teh YES is standard on a Sahara. Diferent color accents in the interior, MYGIG is an option, and the shocks & springs allow for a little smother ride, but not very noticible from the X, more so from the Rubicon, but they perform just fine off road. You also have the option of the Khaki top which you can't get in either an X or Rubicon. beyond that and what has been mentioned I can't think of any other differences

JKnewb 11-14-2008 09:55 AM

Dealer quoted me that size rim, here is a pic of the jeep through their website:

http://images.autotrader.com/images/..._A.562x421.jpg

JKnewb 11-14-2008 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by N2rock (Post 790906)
Those rims are the 18" Sahara rims. As usual- dealer doesn't know his product. :yup: :rotflmao1:

Appreciate the info! I figured out that the dealer didn't know the product when they couldn't tell me the difference between the 2 models :thinking:

JKnewb 11-14-2008 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by N2rock (Post 790924)
what size rim do you have on your current JK?

FWIW- 18" is harder to find tires for, and the tires cost more.

I have the 5 spoke 17's on my 07. I like them much more then the 18's that the Sahara has. I've researched tires and seems far cheaper to replace 17's. I like the style of the rim much more too, looks like the rubicon style.

16 Unlimited Ways 11-14-2008 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by JKnewb (Post 790731)
I'm in the market to trade in my 2 door x for an unlimited.

Local dealer has an unlimited sahara that I might be interested in. My question, after looking over many pics of the shara, what is the difference between them (X and sahara) other then hard top and painted fender flares?

For the life of me I don't see any other differences.

Thanks for any response,
Ryan

First you have to find out what package comes with the Jeep...My Unlimited X included 17"rims...Don't have any power options,autostart,ETC...Study the packages they come with...Good Luck...:thumbsup: