JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Show & Tell (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/)
-   -   YouTube build of my complete axles being replaced with Dynatrac d44 and d60 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/youtube-build-my-complete-axles-being-replaced-dynatrac-d44-d60-290674/)

Matthewd5 11-18-2013 08:08 PM

YouTube build of my complete axles being replaced with Dynatrac d44 and d60

So I wound up doing a major overhaul...

Ended up totally replacing both front and rear axle assemblies/differentials plus both driveshafts and also regarded to 5:13 and went from 33" to 37"

Went with Dynatrac axle assemblies, the pro rock models, used RCV axles up front

Got Goodyear MTR/K's in 37"x12.5"x17"

I basically replaced everything from the tires and rims on up stopping at the transfer case, but I did keep the factory brakes, did replace the brake lines with stainless braided ones that are a bit longer

The video covers 3 1/2 days by taking one picture every five seconds

If your a Jeep fanatic you'll probably love it, otherwise it'll put you to sleep!

http://youtu.be/4JOUAdsK4UY Matthew

Gman*2007 11-19-2013 02:51 AM

Congrats, on the mods. The 37's look nice

newmango 11-19-2013 04:31 AM

Very cool vid, congrats on all the mods! loved the dog in the shop on day two, that was funny!

RUBRDUK 11-19-2013 05:03 AM

Wish I could find employees with that much pep in their steps

karls 11-19-2013 05:22 AM

I hate to be "that guy" but the question still burns with me- why didn't you go with beadlocks considering all of the other money that you threw at the truck?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Waldo_88 11-19-2013 05:48 AM

great vid, the dog cracked me up!

Matthewd5 11-19-2013 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by karls (Post 3753607)
I hate to be "that guy" but the question still burns with me- why didn't you go with beadlocks considering all of the other money that you threw at the truck?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

ATX Slab Beadlocks were on my list of key pieces, but it turns out they are illegal in Maine, and it was a little too much money to spend on chance

I'm keeping my factory wheels/tires just for inspection, I might pop for the ATX slabs next spring...

Spent a lot on this round of mods and if or now I went with cheap pro comp rims that I really liked and they were only $88 a piece

The ATX slabs are like $1,500 for a set its definitely something I can swing later on, I just got to a point where I crossed into a level well above the original plan...

Big thanks to David at Northridge...I just wanted the Dynatrac pro rock 44 but he threw out a package deal price if I got the pro rock 60 that was way too tempting

My local shop looked at the specs and they told me to grab them for that price as they couldn't even buy the components for what I could buy them for completely built and delivered!

It's been 3 weeks now, I spent the early evening at the driveshaft shop and the driveshafts are all done, just waiting for a package coming tomorrow with some bolts needed to finish off the job

I have a noon appointment to get the front end aligned Thursday

Then we're doing a short road trip getaway for the weekend, good shakedown cruise considering how much was replaced...

After that we're off to Connecticut for thanksgiving and thats like 350 miles round trip

So hopefully it runs as good as it looks

I think sign ups for jamborees opens up for the lucky bastards who belong to the platinum club...

Matthew

meep97 11-19-2013 09:08 PM

Definitely a cool video and a nice looking jeep :thumbsup:

JDub23 11-20-2013 03:41 AM

Cool 👍

sent while the wife wasn't looking...

JDub
O\[][][][]/O

red2010rubi 11-20-2013 05:02 AM

Thats an amazing rig :beer: