JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Show & Tell (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/)
-   -   Pictures request - Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/pictures-request-goodyear-wrangler-duratrac-79172/)

Ryno1 03-27-2009 08:05 AM

Pictures request - Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

I like the look of the new Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, but haven't seen them on a jeep. Anyone running these on their jeep?

ZoSo-Green 03-27-2009 08:16 AM

I am diggin' them too . . . watching. :munching:

Ryno1 03-27-2009 12:01 PM

they offer it in 275-70-R18, which is a nice option for 33" tire for a stock sahara wheel.

john smack 03-27-2009 06:08 PM

HAHA I was going to post a thread up about these tires this weekend. I have been lucky enough to get a set of these tires for dirt cheap as long as I use them and report back on how they perform. I have them on my wifes 2000 Grand Cherokee with quadratrac II and they are sweet as hell. I have not got a chance to use them in any muddy situations but snow, hardpack ice and highway so far are incredible. they are a little stiff as they are a 10 ply tire but I really like them. This is a tire that is going to give the BFG All Terrain a run for its money.I have always been a BFG supporter and never really liked anything goodyear put out for off-road tires(All MTR guys flame away) but when I saw these tires I had to try them. the noly thing I am worried about is life... these are a pretty soft tire. I will post pics of them on my Cherokee when I get home saturday. They completely changed the look of the Jeep and everyone double takes on the tires when passing by. Very aggrssive sidewall and the outer tread pattern really moves material. I will check again when I get home but I think they are studdable as well. These are a full winter rated all terrain tire.

Ryno1 03-28-2009 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by john smack (Post 1027371)
HAHA I was going to post a thread up about these tires this weekend. I have been lucky enough to get a set of these tires for dirt cheap as long as I use them and report back on how they perform. I have them on my wifes 2000 Grand Cherokee with quadratrac II and they are sweet as hell. I have not got a chance to use them in any muddy situations but snow, hardpack ice and highway so far are incredible. they are a little stiff as they are a 10 ply tire but I really like them. This is a tire that is going to give the BFG All Terrain a run for its money.I have always been a BFG supporter and never really liked anything goodyear put out for off-road tires(All MTR guys flame away) but when I saw these tires I had to try them. the noly thing I am worried about is life... these are a pretty soft tire. I will post pics of them on my Cherokee when I get home saturday. They completely changed the look of the Jeep and everyone double takes on the tires when passing by. Very aggrssive sidewall and the outer tread pattern really moves material. I will check again when I get home but I think they are studdable as well. These are a full winter rated all terrain tire.

Thanks for info. Can't wait to see the pictures.

pearl-drum-man 03-29-2009 02:30 AM

I really like the looks of these, and will be curious to see how they perform and wear. As of a couple weeks ago the supplies I was looking at were just about to start getting them in stock.

GO GREEN JK 03-29-2009 10:37 AM

liked the look of them also, 6 week wait here in this shat hole of a town i live in, also anyone seen the new goodyear mt/r with kevlar. pretty nice, 6 weeks wait also:sad2:. only have a week so i ended up with some bfg a/t KO:D

swanni06 03-29-2009 06:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the two tires..I like the goodyears better:thumbsup:

G DIESEL 03-29-2009 06:25 PM

those are the tires I'm ordering tomorrow. 295 70 17's (33x11.5) I like the looks and should be good road tires too.

JeffD 03-29-2009 07:59 PM

I priced out a set of 275/70/18's yesterday. Not a bad price really and they look pretty buff for an AT. I am still on the fence however as I have nearly new Duelers on the Sahara and I hate to just chuck them when 95% of my driving is highway.

Rats I hate being frugal.................. I have a set of spidertrax ready to go on with them too.