JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Jeep wave vs. Biker wave? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/jeep-wave-vs-biker-wave-129191/)

Tribe 05-07-2010 05:42 PM

Jeep wave vs. Biker wave?

I was wondering, is there a different specific wave for Jeeps then a wave you would give on a bike? I have been waving to all Jeeps since I picked mine up 2 weeks ago with my normal biker wave -- kind of a three finger (middle, index and thumb) wave off to the side. Most of the waves I have received back are normal full upright hand type waves.

WNYJK 05-07-2010 06:05 PM

Well. This is my third Wrangler, and I've always done the "raise four fingers off the steering wheel wave" or a peace sign. I'm also glad I've been seeing more waves since first buying the JK. I was beginning to worry for a while. I'm just very well aware that the yuppie, soccer mom types aren't in the know. Also, I think Jeep dealers have become less interested since I bought my TJ in '01. They used to give new buyers a briefing.

Either way, any wave is appreciated by most true Jeepers and might point the unknowing in the right direction. In the words of one of my co-workers that recently bought his first Jeep, "I was wondering why all these dudes were waving to me..."

pracz 05-07-2010 06:06 PM

It is hard enough to get waves sometimes that I tend to make sure the wave is seen. No criptic type waves...

Keep wavin'

Pete

jp4fun 05-07-2010 07:16 PM

Thats funny. My motorcycle wave is always the low wave. You would have to hang your hand out the door. Might get cold in the winter.

davidwm71 05-07-2010 07:48 PM

I notice motorcyclists wave to me in the Jeep if the top is down. Must be a "wind in your face" thing.

jduda 05-07-2010 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by davidwm71 (Post 1684401)
I notice motorcyclists wave to me in the Jeep if the top is down. Must be a "wind in your face" thing.

A lot of bikers are jeepers too.

Lorrel 05-08-2010 06:04 AM

I do the peace sign wave. Worked for me back in the 60's and still works today.:yup:

DoubleZero 05-08-2010 06:53 AM

Low wave on the bike, but in the Jeep I usually just pop my hand up off the steearing wheel for a quick wave, unless I'm doorless, in which case a low wave works too.

I wave to both jeeps and bikes, no matter which I am riding/driving. It confuses people though sometimes, people in jeeps look at me like I'm crazy when I wave to them on my bike. Bikers don't seem to care when I wave in the Jeep, as if I'm waving cause I like the bike or something.

PoorDad 05-08-2010 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by DoubleZero (Post 1684781)
Low wave on the bike, but in the Jeep I usually just pop my hand up off the steearing wheel for a quick wave, unless I'm doorless, in which case a low wave works too.

I concur!:D

Jenna 05-08-2010 04:04 PM

I have noticed that all the bikers around here wave to me as well if my top is down. I always wave back no matter who is waving. long live the jeep wave!