JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Wrong TCase in my 2012 Rubicon (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/wrong-tcase-my-2012-rubicon-225398/)

ronjenx 03-29-2012 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by lensstj (Post 2933022)
Brought my 2012 4 Door Automatic Rubicon to the dealership as it would not drive in 4 Lo. Basically would roll down hill then skid the tires and do this over and over. After a few visits to the service dept and a overnight in the bay they found that I have the wrong Transfercase. It has the 2.72 gearing versus 4.1 and the computer didn't know how to handle it in 4 lo since it was suppose to have a 4.1.
Just passing for SA something you all should consider checking :beer::beer:
Here is a pic of the Tcase on my 2012 Rubicon...
Attachment 297090

I'm not sure the computer cares if it's 2.72:1 or 4:1 People have switched and it was seamless.

OutlawJK 03-29-2012 07:46 PM

I would ask for a new jeep
Probably a Sport with rubicon stickers
Who knows what else they forgot to install
Do you have the sway bar disconnects and lockers??

Sent from my iPhone

deathboyardee 03-29-2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by ronjenx (Post 2933343)
I'm not sure the computer cares if it's 2.72:1 or 4:1 People have switched and it was seamless.

It must when using the hill decent feature in 4-LO. I don't think it would matter in 4-HI as both cases are geared I believe he same in that regard.

Shortbuss 03-29-2012 08:09 PM

Wow crazy! Wonder which lucky bugger got the rubi tcase.

JamesWyatt 03-29-2012 08:31 PM

Holy cow. Check your front axle :)

ToolManTimTaylor 03-29-2012 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by v10sport (Post 2933342)
Almost sounds like it may have mismtched gears in the axles too. Wonder if someone took it for a test drive and did a quck parts swap

And this:

Originally Posted by OutlawJK (Post 2933496)
Probably a Sport with rubicon stickers
Who knows what else they forgot to install
Do you have the sway bar disconnects and lockers

Worst part is that EITHER of these can be true :naw: Effin' sad but there have been instances in the past. Hope to god not the truth (Dealer trying to recover from your last Rubi) or it is time to release the krakken (And no not Cop's either LOL)

lensstj 03-30-2012 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by deathboyardee (Post 2933540)
It must when using the hill decent feature in 4-LO. I don't think it would matter in 4-HI as both cases are geared I believe he same in that regard.

It does not matter in 4 Hi only 4 Lo and I didn't have to engage hill decent.
Ref the poss of a swap, the jeep did not sit on the dealers lot it came from the factory this way. I plan to check the rotation of the tires to the drive shaft to see if I have the right gearing. Should be one turn of the tire to a little over 4 turns of the shaft if I understand correctly. It has the swaybar disco and the buttons for lockers. I will have to check the lockers when I can drive it in 4 lo.
I asked the dealer to pull the diff covers to make sure my gears were not what was locking up and causing damage. I will be able to see the locker but other then turning the tire I am not sure how to tell if they are 4.10's Anyone?

yo_marc 03-30-2012 05:25 AM

Your test you mentioned is correct -- except you actually want to do two complete turns of the tire, while counting the revolutions of the driveshaft.

I can't help but (half jokingly) wonder if Chrysler erred in my favor with my Sahara. Never thought to look, I just know 4-lo is ridiculously low.

JK-Tex 03-30-2012 05:32 AM

Three words: Free Extended Warranty. Seriously.

m998dna 03-30-2012 10:48 AM

That's a major quality and compliance issue .... I would demand a new vehicle or take it to the media.

Maybe the loaded employees will get a 6.4 Hemi mixed up with a 3.6L.. quick, everyone check under the hood.

:gak: