JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Turn off my low tire pressure warning light (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/turn-off-my-low-tire-pressure-warning-light-126635/)

jk570 04-16-2010 08:00 AM

Turn off my low tire pressure warning light

Ok I'm a rookie. made a mistake. Sold my stock rims and put on nice ones. But I sold the sensors with the rims. How can I get the warning light off on the dashboard????

BIGBOB 04-16-2010 02:00 PM

:thumbsup:I agree buy the Superchips Flashpaq or another programmer you can get all the extra features that come with the programmers and be able to adjust your TPMS. Just ordered a Superchips Flashpaq for myself this afternoon:thumbsup:

mjturner1105 04-16-2010 06:14 PM

flashpaq

on my flashpaq i didnt see anywhere to turn off the tpms only turn down the thresh hold to min of 26 psi? did i miss something i would love to turn the damn things off.

JR-WRANGLER 04-16-2010 07:00 PM

unless they changed the superchip software recently, you cannot turn the tpms off you can only get it down to 26 psi so completly useless in you case ....

I think it has something to do with the law on tpms......

pastorsteve 04-16-2010 07:05 PM

The easiest thing (and safest) thing to do is install TPMS into the new wheels.

troyboy 04-16-2010 07:11 PM

couple of things from memory so I may be wrong here:

1) you can download the tpms disable option from the superchips web page when you are updating your flashpaq.

2) I seem to recall you have to have the tpms devices installed before you can disable them so if you take them out you can no longer disable.

I'd check this but I don't have my flashpaq handy.

troyboy 04-16-2010 07:26 PM

Found it but I wonder if it only works when you are ing 4wd mode :thinking:

"Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) off-road feature take the basic Superchips TPMS threshold setting features provided in your programmer one-step further. The TPMS Off-Road allows the system to be completely turned off to avoid the annoying alarm. This feature is for off-road use only."

Originally Posted by troyboy (Post 1657385)

1) you can download the tpms disable option from the superchips web page when you are updating your flashpaq.

2) I seem to recall you have to have the tpms devices installed before you can disable them so if you take them out you can no longer disable.

KCTW 04-16-2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by troyboy (Post 1657385)

Troy is right on the first part. You have to download the disable option from Superchips website. On the second part, you don't have to have the TPMS installed before you disable them. My TPMS were long gone before I disabled mine. A Flashpaq will set you right up. :thumbsup:

EmergedRock 04-17-2010 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by jk570 (Post 1656360)
Ok I'm a rookie. made a mistake. Sold my stock rims and put on nice ones. But I sold the sensors with the rims. How can I get the warning light off on the dashboard????

I did the same thing a week ago. I got used to the warning sounds every time i turned my car. I got the sensors back from the tire shop, now i need them to put sensors in my new tires.

jbuck 04-17-2010 03:57 PM

I just used my superchips to disable my tpms sensors completely. During the initial install it would only bring it down to 26psi, but then I was able to download the program to shut the tpms off completely. Good luck.