JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   REQUEST for Front Bumper Mount dimensions (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/request-front-bumper-mount-dimensions-116535/)

noot 01-26-2010 06:06 PM

REQUEST for Front Bumper Mount dimensions

I'm planning on building a bumper, want to start modeling it in Solidworks. I need the dimensions of the frame/bumper mount, but it's -20C outside and I don't want to take my bumper off :)

Basically I'm hoping someone either doesn't have their bumper on, has a tape measure, and is in a helpful mood, or already has the dimensions I'm looking for :)

The dimensions I would like to know:

The bolt-pattern of the mount (ie - each 4 bolt piece):
- the distance the holes are apart, the diameter of the holes, as well as the dimensions of the rectangular piece.

The distance between the 2 mounts (from inside edge to inside edge would work great)

The horizontal distance between the front of the mount, and the grill.

The vertical distance between the top of the mount (and frame rails) to the bottom of the grill.

And finally, the approx width of the bottom of the grill (ie - the minimum width the bumper would have to be before it's too narrow).

Anyway, thanks in advance if anyone can help me :) Once I get the measurements I'll build a solidworks model and post it here.

noot

jduda 01-26-2010 06:10 PM

All i can remember off the top of my head is that on each frame rail the top two holes are a different Center to Center measurement than the bottom two. When i started my bumper i just took it for granted that they are the same C - C.

Woodman506 03-23-2011 09:59 AM

Front Bumper Specs

Originally Posted by noot (Post 1533205)
I'm planning on building a bumper, want to start modeling it in Solidworks. I need the dimensions of the frame/bumper mount, but it's -20C outside and I don't want to take my bumper off :)

Basically I'm hoping someone either doesn't have their bumper on, has a tape measure, and is in a helpful mood, or already has the dimensions I'm looking for :)

The dimensions I would like to know:

The bolt-pattern of the mount (ie - each 4 bolt piece):
- the distance the holes are apart, the diameter of the holes, as well as the dimensions of the rectangular piece.

The distance between the 2 mounts (from inside edge to inside edge would work great)

The horizontal distance between the front of the mount, and the grill.

The vertical distance between the top of the mount (and frame rails) to the bottom of the grill.

And finally, the approx width of the bottom of the grill (ie - the minimum width the bumper would have to be before it's too narrow).

Anyway, thanks in advance if anyone can help me :) Once I get the measurements I'll build a solidworks model and post it here.

noot

Hi, I know this is an old post....... but, did you happen to find all the specs you need to fabricate a new front bumper?

I would like to do the same, and if you could, I would like to get that info from you.

thanks