JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Write-Ups (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/)
-   -   Marker light mod (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/marker-light-mod-20860/)

STJonesin4 03-18-2012 07:12 AM

Not to keep reiterating what everone else has said - but this really couldn't be easier. Great mod!

mastenp 03-18-2012 07:45 AM

I will be doing this next weekend. Thanks for the info and instructions.

ctjeeper 03-20-2012 03:16 PM

Holy Shite!! Just happened to find this thread while on my phone on the shitter at work and figured "what the hell, give it a try". Well it was super easy and worked great!! Had a little scare at first... got one side done and no side lite at all. But then I just gave the splicer piece a little better squeeze with the channel locks and all was good!! Thanks!!!!

Athens_JK 03-20-2012 07:47 PM

just did mine. love the result. Only hard part is getting myself to cut the black wire haha

RedRubicon11 03-25-2012 10:18 PM

Worked on my 11 JKU. took about 5 minutes to do partially because i already had the grill off to bedline it and do the gutter guard mod.

ve9emt 03-29-2012 06:11 PM

I know some people were saying you needed to add some wire to extend out the wire lead for the turn signal light. I took my headlights out of the buckets after taking off the grille to give me better access to the harness. I was able to remove some of the split loom on the harness then cut the black wire on the harness side closer to the firewall. By doing this I did not have to add wire to the signal light black lead, The harness plug for the turn signal is intact so if I dedcide to change out lights it should remain plug and play. An the biggest plus is that it looks stock and the splice is out of sight behind the loom.

TheDago 03-30-2012 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by ve9emt (Post 2933291)
I know some people were saying you needed to add some wire to extend out the wire lead for the turn signal light. I took my headlights out of the buckets after taking off the grille to give me better access to the harness. I was able to remove some of the split loom on the harness then cut the black wire on the harness side closer to the firewall. By doing this I did not have to add wire to the signal light black lead, The harness plug for the turn signal is intact so if I dedcide to change out lights it should remain plug and play. An the biggest plus is that it looks stock and the splice is out of sight behind the loom.

Can you post a picture of what you did?

ylojelo 03-30-2012 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by TheDago (Post 2933979)
Can you post a picture of what you did?

I already did

Ssm2011 03-31-2012 08:12 AM

Just did this, turned out great! No need to add extra wire either, maybe I'll take some pics later

Chips 04-06-2012 09:27 PM

Is Buchwacker markers different?

I did this and it works but only partly. They only come on when i turn on the parking lights. Then they blink opposite of the front lights. 09 JK with bushwhacker flats.

Thanks